Quint's Top 20: Jacksonville, Villanova Win the Week | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Jacksonville, Villanova Win the Week

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

9. Syracuse — I wonder if the crew from “The Season” filmed the Sunday scrimmage with Yale, a rematch of a 2017 NCAA First Round game. I'm loving “The Season,” and I hope you've gotten the opportunity to watch. The Orange have some intriguing youngsters like Brendan Curry, Tucker Dordevic, Lucas Quinn and Dami Oladunmoye. Jamie Trimboli appears to be taking that next step to greatness. Face-offs and goaltending will be the primary areas of concern during February. Being outshot 43-24 against Yale on Sunday is a red flag.

9. Syracuse — I wonder if the crew from “The Season” filmed the Sunday scrimmage with Yale, a rematch of a 2017 NCAA First Round game. I'm loving “The Season,” and I hope you've gotten the opportunity to watch. The Orange have some intriguing youngsters like Brendan Curry, Tucker Dordevic, Lucas Quinn and Dami Oladunmoye. Jamie Trimboli appears to be taking that next step to greatness. Face-offs and goaltending will be the primary areas of concern during February. Being outshot 43-24 against Yale on Sunday is a red flag.

Hard to argue with any of that. SU must have turned it over a lot to have been outshot that much as the faceoff #'s were pretty much even.

Hard to argue with any of that. SU must have turned it over a lot to have been outshot that much as the faceoff #'s were pretty much even.

Those shots must have been all over the place. At least we were more accurate with our attempts. Encouraging that Melon was able to shut down Ben Reeves. Glad to see him bounce back from injury.

Yale, if I recall correctly doubled up our shot totals last year and lost. sometimes it doesn't mean much. Yale possesses the ball for long stretches of games and they shoot so bad they get a lot of backups. You just have to make your shots count if you're syracuse. And against slow down teams like this you have to value possessions.

breaking in this syracuse team, the fact it was 8-5 after 3 is a positive in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom