Quint's Top 20: Who Can Keep a Fast Start Rolling? | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Who Can Keep a Fast Start Rolling?

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

5. Syracuse
#HHH beat Colgate 21-14, a football score behind a touchdown worth of goals from Loyola transfer Chase Scanlan. The new No. 22 showcased a broader range, as the ‘Cuse offense hummed for new coordinator Pat March. Stephen Rehfuss (6GB) dished out seven assists while Jamie Trimboli and Lucas Quinn had four points apiece. The defense needs to clean up some mistakes. The Orange face Binghamton 2 p.m. Saturday on the ACC Network.

Anish's Top 10

3. Syracuse (1-0)
In assessing the Orange last year, one coach told me, “They have a roster full of honorable-mention All-Americans. There’s no 22.” Enter Chase Scanlan.

The Loyola transfer (and one-time Cuse commit) donned the most storied jersey in the sport’s history and didn’t feel an ounce of pressure. Scanlan wowed the Carrier Dome crowd with seven goals, the most in a debut by any player in Syracuse history.

Yes, it was against Colgate, but Scanlan proved himself last year as the highest-scoring midfielder in the country. The No. 22 jersey looked loose and baggy on Scanlan, but it was a perfect fit. The number didn’t carry extra weight.

Syracuse has its star and one of the best ensemble casts in Division I. The expectation is championship weekend.

Anish's Top 10

3. Syracuse (1-0)
In assessing the Orange last year, one coach told me, “They have a roster full of honorable-mention All-Americans. There’s no 22.” Enter Chase Scanlan.

The Loyola transfer (and one-time Cuse commit) donned the most storied jersey in the sport’s history and didn’t feel an ounce of pressure. Scanlan wowed the Carrier Dome crowd with seven goals, the most in a debut by any player in Syracuse history.

Yes, it was against Colgate, but Scanlan proved himself last year as the highest-scoring midfielder in the country. The No. 22 jersey looked loose and baggy on Scanlan, but it was a perfect fit. The number didn’t carry extra weight.

Syracuse has its star and one of the best ensemble casts in Division I. The expectation is championship weekend.

Yup he’s right. I read too much gloom and doom around here because of some flaws. Our offense is freaking potent. About time. It’s going to be very hard for other teams to outscore us.

The second biggest takeaway I had, our ride is relentless and nasty aggressive. This is going to result in a lot of transition goals.

Going to be a fun fast exciting season.