Race for the Cure: Sportswriter Donna Ditota details boyfriend's battle with breast cancer | Syracusefan.com

Race for the Cure: Sportswriter Donna Ditota details boyfriend's battle with breast cancer

Early detection is the key. I know this first-hand. Thanks for the link.

How are you doing?

I'm doing very well. No issues whatsoever. I only had surgery; no chemo or radiation needed. I just have to see the oncologist every six months for a checkup.

Thanks for asking and please know I've been wishing you well and sending you good vibes throughout your ordeal.

Last edited:
Not to make light of a very serious illness but, if I developed breast cancer, I would rather have it refered to as pec cancer.

Maybe I'm just insecure haha.

Not to make light of a very serious illness but, if I developed breast cancer, I would rather have it refered to as pec cancer.

I really hope you're about 12 years old.

No offense, but this is part of the problem. Early detection isn't common in men because of macho thinking. "I'm a man; I can't get breast cancer." "I don't have breasts, I have pecs...It's just a lump, it's harmless." Etc.

Every man has breasts. No, I'm not talking about man boobs. All men have breast tissue. It's rare for men to get breast cancer but it happens. Education and early detection are critical.

I'm doing very well. No issues whatsoever. I only had surgery; no chem or radiation needed. I just have to see the oncologist every six months for a checkup.

Thanks for asking and please know I've been wishing you well and sending you good vibes throughout your ordeal.
Great news and thanks. Still not seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Several things have to happen before I'm out of the woods.

No offense, but this is part of the problem. Early detection isn't common in men because of macho thinking. "I'm a man; I can't get breast cancer." "I don't have breasts, I have pecs...It's just a lump, it's harmless." Etc.

Every man has breasts. No, I'm not talking about man boobs. All men have breast tissue. It's rare for men to get breast cancer but it happens. Education and early detection are critical.

Then that's really unfortunate. I was simply talking about the name. There was literally nothing else implied by my statement.

If I have a lump anywhere, I'm getting it checked out. I assumed most poeple were the same way, regardless of what the name for the lump is.

For about the 100th time on this board, sorry for upsetting anybody. It's a serious topic, so there can only be serious discussion. No room to be light-hearted around here.

No offense taken, Brooky03. I'm not saying it's your thinking but some men are very uneducated on this topic and just as many men have that macho way of thinking.

Good things happen to good people. You will soon see that light, OE.
Hope so there are so many obstacles to overcome. Everyday another curve ball comes at me.

Last edited:
In case someone misses early detection, run from the cure may be of more help to you than these long running(no pun intended) charades. Or Gerson, or Burzynski, or a number of others you can find on your own.

I know these runs/races are laced with good intentions by the majority, but what little we've managed to do with cancer(which wasnt even widespread a century ago!) with decades and the piles of money that get thrown at it by good people is unacceptable to me. It may be acceptable others, if they set the bar really low. When money is involved, expensive and harmful treatments with low rates of success are still the cash cow rather than looking for any cure. There are multiple cures out there that the government has fought, and there would be multiple more if the money went towards things already proven to work. It would kill those in power to see cancer become extinct like polio. Feel free to disagree.

Not to make light of it in anyway, but lets say you are in great physical shape, and do have pretty strong pectorial muscles, can you get it?

Not to make light of it in anyway, but lets say you are in great physical shape, and do have pretty strong pectorial muscles, can you get it?

Yes. It has absolutely nothing to do with how your pecs look or the amount of breast tissue you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom