Raftery leaving ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Raftery leaving ESPN

Wow - that does stink. However he and Gus Johnson together will be a nice combo too.

Will be interesting to see who they will replace in his place with Sean and Jay. Mike T. would be a good pick IMHO.

Makes sense for Raf to stay with the core BE but, dang, I don't think we'll see as much of him and THAT is a shame. The most enjoyable personality calling games on the tube. Good luck to him.

This is sad news. He was great. Fox has been making moves for months (msg among them). It's good having competition for ESPN, pity that's where it has to come from.

This is sad news. He was great. Fox has been making moves for months (msg among them). It's good having competition for ESPN, pity that's where it has to come from.

Well he'll be calling the St. John's vs Cuse game this year most likely, so you'll see him there. Big East reunion.

Well he'll be calling the St. John's vs Cuse game this year most likely, so you'll see him there. Big East reunion.

That'll be nice to have him work the game, and great tradition there. I'd have a beer w/the guy anytime. Jay Bilas and Sean McDonough too.

Dang, Fox 1 is serious about competing with ESPN. Can't say that about CBS or NBC.

Everything will be different now that we are in the ACC, but it had to happen. The Big East is no longer Big, because they couldn't get their football house in order...

NEXT !!!!

Breaking up the Three Wise Men?

Fox Sports will forever be Yoko Ono now.

I've used up my British Invasion music references this week.

Wow - that does stink. However he and Gus Johnson together will be a nice combo too.

Will be interesting to see who they will replace in his place with Sean and Jay. Mike T. would be a good pick IMHO.
They may not replace him with anyone. Raft had great chemistry with Sean and Jay, and that would be hard to duplicate. If they decide to keep it a three man crew it won't be with Mike T because they won't add a second play-by-play guy.

If he and Gus team up I'll have to decide if I like Raft more than I dislike Gus.

Gus Johnson is hilarious. This is one of my favorites (especially at the end):

I love Raf (even though he does need to update his schtick a little) but I don't get all the Gus hate. Yes, he does get a little too amped up but he's very fun to listen to and he knows his stuff. I especially love listening to Gus when he's doing a game in which one of my favorite teams is doing really well. He gets you pumped up. I think he and Raf will be a great combo for Fox

I love Raf (even though he does need to update his schtick a little) but I don't get all the Gus hate. Yes, he does get a little too amped up but he's very fun to listen to and he knows his stuff. I especially love listening to Gus when he's doing a game in which one of my favorite teams is doing really well. He gets you pumped up. I think he and Raf will be a great combo for Fox
Obviously Gus is polarizing. I don't like him because I feel like he's the boy that cried wolf. He gets so amped up about things that aren't a big deal, I tune him out.

Obviously Gus is polarizing. I don't like him because I feel like he's the boy that cried wolf. He gets so amped up about things that aren't a big deal, I tune him out.

You are right but on balance I love his enthusiasm. He's not just a guy who gets really amped up though; he really does his homework.

I like Gus. He has a twing of old school announcing a la Keith Jackson and Brent Musburger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom