Ragtime...... | Syracusefan.com

Ragtime......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Had the granddaughter visiting NM. Wife had booked tickets to see the show Ragtime before I knew there was a Friday night game.

The show was terrific. I had no idea what it was going to be about. It had a lot of social signifigance about events of that era. The lead singers had voices that were absolutely unreal. The show was in a relatively small theatre and was quite intimate. Got back too late to watch the game last night.

So, I did not get to see the Cuse game until this AM from DVD, it was really hard to wait and make sure that i did not get onto any internet or social media that might spill the results.

never would I have believed that we could survive and advance with all of our big three having off nights. But, the marek show resumed and he carried us, especially through the first half. Second time he has come up gargantuan in the post-season.

The guts of our team and the heart with which they play is something to behold.

Gotta say when Marek got his fourth with about 12 minutes left, that I thought Jimmy should have sat him for as long as the game stayed close, but Jimmy rolled the dice and they came up snake eyes at around the six or seven minute mark. Truthfully, thought with that much time left in a nailbiter with no marek & no big three that we were toast. However, though the big three never quite got on track, each of them was able to make just a couple of plays down the stretch to pull it out. Chuk was become a clutch time beast at the FT line.

Matt had about as poor a cameo as was possible in the first half, but he was able to hang in there and not hurt us at crunchtime - he even came up with a big FT.

So all in all we get to play again. only one more win from another Sweet Sixteen. You gotta believe !!!

And, yes, back to the title of this post, it is truly "Ragtime" whenever our guys hit the court.

Congrats for pulling off a miracle in this age of social media! You didn’t know the score of the game until this morning!

I did that in 2006 for Gerry’s big game against UConn in the BET. I worked, but put signs outside of my office door (DON’T TELL ME!), forbade my two clients to say anything upon pain of death (it was great for transference!), avoided the reception area when I left work, rode in an elevator and told the one other person in it to NOT SAY A WORD (they looked puzzled), drove quickly home, turned off my cell phone, and watched the game without fast forwarding. Such discipline! And such a reward!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom