Raising money for St Baldrick's | Syracusefan.com

Raising money for St Baldrick's

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
As many who know me on this Board know, this is a yearly mission for me as a close friend of me and my wife lost their child Jack just 12 days before his 3rd Birthday on February 18, 2014. I appreciate the support I've gotten over the years from friends and family raising approx $5600 in four years. Going into my 5th year, I wanted to up my game and try and raise $5000. The event is March 25th at Kitty Hoynes and has raised millions over the years to combat childhood cancer. If any one is willing to help me with this cause, my donation page is www.stbaldricks.org/participants/RickSauter. No amount is too small. Thank you for considering!!

Into the home stretch with 4 days before St Baldricks...also the home stretch to raise money for St. Baldrick's this coming Sunday, March 25th. As I've stated. my goal this year was $5K being this is my fifth year taking part. Currently I have raised $1448 ($998 listed on my page, a $300 check in process and a $200 pledge), so I have a little work left to do. What I'm asking / hoping today is for my fellow Syracuse fans who are riding the excitement wave from SU Hoops to consider donating to my cause of helping raise money to go towards research to fight childhood cancer. Maybe $3 to symbolize the seed of the Michigan State Squad that SU just defeated; maybe $5 to symbolize the toughest starting five in the NCAAs; maybe $11 for SU's seed; maybe $16 for making the Sweet Sixteen or if you are really feeling it $44 for the best number for a Syracuse Fan! If I can at least get to $3000 (or about double where I'm at now), I will dye my hair Orange and post the video on Facebook before it gets shaved off. Every bit helps; What say you Cuse fans!!

Gonna move this where it will get more traffic.
I really appreciate it. I didn't want to be a bother to the sports boards. This is a very personal thing to me as a way to honor Jack Podkaminer, who passed away 12 days before his 3rd Birthday five years ago. His parents are friends of my wife and I. The toughness Jack showed and the way his parents have dealt with this is both inspirational and heartbreaking. This is the least I can do to honor Jack.

So up to $1668 right now ($1448 on the fundraising page and picking up $200 tonight from a donor). I am always humbled by the support of so many friends, family, colleagues and sometimes strangers. If folks want to see my hair dyed Orange, I will lower the threshold to $2500 or half of my original goal. My wife is dreading the look because she thinks I will keep it after the hair grows back. Help me make my wife's fears come true!!! No amount is too small to help the cause. My donation page again is www.stbaldricks.org/participants/RickSauter. Thank you for considering!!

Thanks BEES!! You are a gentleman and a scholar!!!

You’re a good man, Rick Sauter. A bald man. But a good one.

You’re a good man, Rick Sauter. A bald man. But a good one.
Thanks for helping the cause. I know an old man like you is on a tight budget, so that makes it even more meaningful.

Thanks for helping the cause. I know an old man like you is on a tight budget, so that makes it even more meaningful.
Yeah, it’s so bad I’m buying generic Depends. They’re called “Yes You Did”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom