Rak and now G | Syracusefan.com

Rak and now G

What did Rak do during the summer before his Sr. year?

It's a shame we are wasting back to back all american type years by these two players. Seniors, I might add.

G, like Rak, will go down as one of my favorites.
I look at that team two years ago and wonder if we really knew what we had in Rak and G. I think they both improved since then, but I also think in retrospect they were underutilized. This is mostly hindsight for sure...but man that team could have used a low post scorer and an upgrade at 2G (with TC struggling at the end of that season).

help BMK pack so they'd finally give him the minutes he deserved
ehh he played a lot. 37 min in the Dayton game. But...he never touched the ball in the post...who knew he actually had a post game. But in fairness it's not like he ever showed any glimpses of one when he did touch it.

G's senior year isn't over yet. This team has more talent than last year and guards matter more in March than big men.

G's senior year isn't over yet. This team has more talent than last year and guards matter more in March than big men.
Maybe. But at this point I'd say JB will deserve national coach-of-the-year honors if he gets this group into the (NCAA) tourney.

Like 1000x

G has evolved into a true nba take his spots kind of guy.

I look at that team two years ago and wonder if we really knew what we had in Rak and G. I think they both improved since then, but I also think in retrospect they were underutilized. This is mostly hindsight for sure...but man that team could have used a low post scorer and an upgrade at 2G (with TC struggling at the end of that season).

Rak was definitely underutilized on the offensive side. Including his freshman year on he had the best FG percentage of anyone on the team (with a reasonable number of FG attempts). We never fed him the ball until his senior year.

His junior year he ranked fifth on the team in field goal attempts...and he took less than half of the FG attempts that the number four guy took...J Grant. Ennis, Cooney, and Fair took anywhere from 3x to 4x times the FG attempts that Xmas took, and Rak was the only guy on that team with a better than 50% FG percentage...61%.

Seemed kind of dumb considering how iffy our outside shooting was for most of those years. We did have some solid offensive players his freshman year.

Maybe. But at this point I'd say JB will deserve national coach-of-the-year honors if he gets this group into the (NCAA) tourney.
Nah, that award is reserved for guys who win with a bunch of coached-up, scrappy, plucky one-star recruits, like Tom Izzo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom