Rak Attack... | Syracusefan.com

Rak Attack...

TBCuse11

Starter
lost in everything (sort of) is just how amazing Christmas is this year. This guy finishes with both hands smoothly. He rebounds. He blocks shots. He is one of our best and our most clutch FT shooter as well. There is no doubt he will have his name called on NBA draft day and he has a legit chance to be 1st Team All ACC if we can remain relevant as a team.

thoughts? Is 1st team unrealistic?

lost in everything (sort of) is just how amazing Christmas is this year. This guy finishes with both hands smoothly. He rebounds. He blocks shots. He is one of our best and our most clutch FT shooter as well. There is no doubt he will have his name called on NBA draft day and he has a legit chance to be 1st Team All ACC if we can remain relevant as a team.

See I can agree with you. Hes definitely first team All Acc right now. He could have a shot of being an All American if we were having a better season.

He is awesome, very happy for him. Enjoying watching this unfold.

I do not think the idea is "lost" on anyone here. Christmas is deservedly praised on a daily basis for his remarkable season.

At this pace, no question he is first team all ACC. I don't think it's debatable really, granted I am not familiar with alot of the other players in the league right now.

17ppg, 9rpg, 2bpg, 1spg, 60%FG.

Absolutely.

At this pace, no question he is first team all ACC. I don't think it's debatable really, granted I am not familiar with alot of the other players in the league right now.

17ppg, 9rpg, 2bpg, 1spg, 60%FG.

Absolutely.

Okafor will be a lock. Not sure besides him honestly. Harrell as well. After those two...

Just imagine if SU had given him some post touches last year...happy for Rak that he stuck it out and let's not forget that he finished his degree in 3 years.

major kudos for riding it out. He could have been a 15 and 7 guy the last couple years on most teams who gave him a chance to be that.

I know Harrell and Rak are listed as Forward so possible they both go with Okafor on the front line for 1st team all ACC but Rak's stats are right there with the other 2 guys and all 3 are killing it.

Okafor: 18.9 pts 68% 8.9 reb 1.6 blk .8 stl
Christmas: 17.3 pts 60% 8.8 red 2.3 blk .8 stl
Harrell: 15.9 pts 60% 9.3 reb 1 blk 1 stl

I know Harrell and Rak are listed as Forward so possible they both go with Okafor on the front line for 1st team all ACC but Rak's stats are right there with the other 2 guys and all 3 are killing it.

Okafor: 18.9 pts 68% 8.9 reb 1.6 blk .8 stl
Christmas: 17.3 pts 60% 8.8 red 2.3 blk .8 stl
Harrell: 15.9 pts 60% 9.3 reb 1 blk 1 stl

I can't wait to see Rak against both of those guys. I just hope he doesn't end up in foul trouble the whole game.

Man he is killing it this year. I loved how he sank both FTs, including after the icing timeout, to win the game. If only he was half this productive last year we could have been a contender! Now he just needs some consistency around him this year to make the tourney.

On a side note, I know JB is historically loathe to run set plays but he really needs to do some this year. When the offense starts to swoon there has to be a go to set of plays the team can run in its sleep. These longggggg stretches of ineptitude on offense will be our downfall this year. The D can't carry this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom