Rak has seriously impressed me | Syracusefan.com

Rak has seriously impressed me

armory

All American
After last year I was a doubter, now a believer.

His defense has improved massively.
His offensive footwork has improved massively.
Hands have improved massively, still massive.
His short range game, massively.
and he is still massively massive.

It's time to unleash the Rakeem.

I would love to hear your definition of massive or massively if you prefer. Two days ago we were looking for a new Big Man coach and now Rak is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Rak played well and I believe he will continue to improve as the season goes on, but lets see how he does against Cooley or Dieng before we start throwing around massive compliments. ;)

I would love to hear your definition of massive or massively if you prefer. Two days ago we were looking for a new Big Man coach and now Rak is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Rak played well and I believe he will continue to improve as the season goes on, but lets see how he does against Cooley or Dieng before we start throwing around massive compliments. ;)
I think he's ready. He contested a bunch of shots yesterday, and I thought, got called on at least one ticky tack when he might not have even touched the guy. I know it's some weak competition in some of the games, but the kid blocks dunks sometimes, even when the opposing player looks to be going up strong. I really like the way he gets angry, pissed when they get in the lane. To me, nothing better than interior defender with a chip on his shoulder.

Rak is a nice kid. He is starting to develop an attitude that the basketball court belongs to him--which was all he needed.

Rak has really impressed as of late. Like you said, better footwork, strong offensive moves to the hoop once he establishes position, better touch on his finishes, good form w jumpers and at the FT line.

Ive always liked him defensively as a 5. Just want him to get meaner on that end.

If I'm James Arthur I'm force feeding him minutes at the 5 and calling his number offensively more often to get him ready for March. He is our x-factor.

I think he's ready. He contested a bunch of shots yesterday, and I thought, got called on at least one ticky tack when he might not have even touched the guy. I know it's some weak competition in some of the games, but the kid blocks dunks sometimes, even when the opposing player looks to be going up strong. I really like the way he gets angry, pissed when they get in the lane. To me, nothing better than interior defender with a chip on his shoulder.

Agreed but I need to see against a bigger body first. Someone who can hit back just as hard

Agreed but I need to see against a bigger body first. Someone who can hit back just as hard
Yep, and you're right, Cooley is that challenge. Could be a great matchup (Rak's D v Cooley's O).

Wait until the guards learn that they can start feeding the post. He was wide open underneath all night long and could have scored 30.

Yep, and you're right, Cooley is that challenge. Could be a great matchup (Rak's D v Cooley's O).
We'll find out before that at Louisville. He'll have more than one problem there.

Yeah, I'm with those that are waiting a bit to see. Like Rak though and I'm curious why so many were so down on him last year? We were told he would be good defensively, have some inconsistent effort and be bad offensively. I though the effort was decent, the offense was better than I thought and the defense needed some work. Overall he seemed about as advertised.

images

Sidiki and kadeemskadeem aren't slouches.

Rakeem is darn good. He showed glimpses last season. He'll fall short of my "sophomore year John Wallace comparison," but he's going to close out the year as the best offensive post threat we've had since Onuaku. There will also be a couple more duds mixed in. All in all, that's not bad. (Though it'd be nice to move him to the floor and work alongside another capable big.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom