Rak should be nice and rested tonight | Syracusefan.com

Rak should be nice and rested tonight

Marsh01

Living Legend
Only playing 4 minutes last night. Time to show up son. Deng is waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Even though Keita had a reasonably good game last night we lost so many points last night when he got stripped underneath or otherwise turned the ball over down low. Box score only says 3 turnovers for him, but I feel like there were a lot more times where we should have had a relatively easy conversion or gotten a shot off that didn't happen.

If RAK would actually show up and compete, this team might have a chance at making some noise.

Hopefully watching Keita play well motivates Rak. We need him.

the minutes last meeting went like this: 23 rax, 14 moose, 3 dc3. they combined for 8 fouls.
deng played 34 minutes and collected just 3. i say go after deng hard and get him in foul trouble early.

Deng is waiting...with a hammer. And Rak will be on a shorter than usual leash.

Which is why we should keep BMK the hell away from him.
Why all the BMK hate? The kid gives us what RAK doesn't. He goes 100% all the time..RAK reminds me of Mookie Watkins. Tons of potential and no toughness...

the minutes last meeting went like this: 23 rax, 14 moose, 3 dc3. they combined for 8 fouls.
deng played 34 minutes and collected just 3. i say go after deng hard and get him in foul trouble early.
I'd love to see it but our guys arent real good at drawing fouls. We don't want to focus on that and end up throwing up lame shots rather than getting into our offense. CJ is due to step up big time tonight after last nights game.

Which is why we should keep BMK the hell away from him.

Probably true. But, I hope that BMK and Rak are told to try to two-hand dunk every time they touch ball inside, especially if Deng is in the way, and even if he blocks every single attempt.

Take the pounding to the Hammer, otherwise you are nothing but a nail.

I agree. Even though Keita had a reasonably good game last night we lost so many points last night when he got stripped underneath or otherwise turned the ball over down low. Box score only says 3 turnovers for him, but I feel like there were a lot more times where we should have had a relatively easy conversion or gotten a shot off that didn't happen.

If RAK would actually show up and compete, this team might have a chance at making some noise.
I saw the same exact game as you. I love what Keita gave last night but, realistically, if he could catch the ball he would have had an easy 22-24 points.Having said that, we lose without him last night.

Why all the BMK hate? The kid gives us what RAK doesn't. He goes 100% all the time..RAK reminds me of Mookie Watkins. Tons of potential and no toughness...

It's not BMK hate. I simply don't want him busted up for the tourney by all the fouls that won't be called on Deng.

Reasonably good? Man, this is tough room.

Frankly, this is not saying much but Mookie was a much better player than Rak is. Mookie's motor would shut down occasionally but he was a valuable C presence and a big reason why we beat Pitt in that 2006 BET Championship game. He had 9 pts, 11 reb, 3 blocks that game. Watkins could at least stay on the floor.

Frankly, this is not saying much but Mookie was a much better player than Rak is. Mookie's motor would shut down occasionally but he was a valuable C presence and a big reason why we beat Pitt in that 2006 BET Championship game. He had 9 pts, 11 reb, 3 blocks that game. Watkins could at least stay on the floor.

Mookie Watkins grew into a very good center. He and Roberts were outstanding on defense together, and gave us more offense than most big man combinations until Rick & Arinze.

Mookie Watkins grew into a very good center. He and Roberts were outstanding on defense together, and gave us more offense than most big man combinations until Rick & Arinze.

Agreed. People really rip those two. There were other problems on those teams besides those two. I doubt Mookie ever had a zero rebound game also.

Baye played a marvelous game last nite and I hope he brings the same intensity tonite. He was a driven man and played to win. His follow of MCW's miss was a key as were his FT's.

JB had a not very nice thing to say about Rak after the game:

(referring to Rak): "Our other center was sleeping tonight. We couldn't wake him up to get out there to play."

Don't wanna turn this into a thread picking on former players. Roberts and Mookie were both decent players, but their careers were disappointing considering what kind of players they projected as out of high school.

Uh, if I'm not mistaken, this team IS MAKING SOME NOISE!

I hope he's pissed off. He needs to play aggressive and SMART. He had the short hook last night because he kept fouling and kept allowing Hopkins to get the ball on the baseline.

Don't wanna turn this into a thread picking on former players. Roberts and Mookie were both decent players, but their careers were disappointing considering what kind of players they projected as out of high school.

I give TRob a lot of credit as a warrior. The guy played half of a season with torn cartilage in his knee. He hit the 3 that avoided losing to Rutgers, and was a huge part of the b2b BET title teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom