Rakeem Christmas signs with pro team in Turkey | Syracusefan.com

Rakeem Christmas signs with pro team in Turkey

Is there more money in the Phil? Have to believe he’d be a G League star and back and forth NBA roster filler.

best of luck to jimmy fallon's fav. my understanding is the Imelda Highpumpers are also rebooting.

Hard to believe Basketball is that high in demand there that they get a big salary..but hey... have a good season

The Magnolia Hot Shots are pretty good... usually up there with the San Miguel Beermen and the Ginebra team

How the hell do I know this ? Don’t ask

Paul Harris played over there for a few years. Wonder if Jasmine Jordan and their baby born in May is going over with Rakeem?

Wish he was playing in the TBT.

Hard to believe Basketball is that high in demand there that they get a big salary..but hey... have a good season

Basketball may be the most popular sport in the Philippines, based on what I have been told by some friends of Filipino descent when I lived in Toronto.

Googled and cnnfirmed
Basketball in the Philippines - Wikipedia

If you scroll down you will see they even have an NCAA - Philippines

In any other decade, he’d stick around the league.

There’s just very few true post players around now.

The league’s kinda starting to suck, style of play wise. IMO.

Thought his brilliant developed mid range game would help keep him around the pros.

In any other decade, he’d stick around the league.

There’s just very few true post players around now.

The league’s kinda starting to suck, style of play wise. IMO.
I think Rak falls into that group of players that absolutely is talented enough to be an NBA player, but there are only so many spots and sometimes different factors matter as to who gets them and doesn't.

I think Rak falls into that group of players that absolutely is talented enough to be an NBA player, but there are only so many spots and sometimes different factors matter as to who gets them and doesn't.

Agreed. But there used to be more spots out there for that “type” of player.

Agreed. But there used to be more spots out there for that “type” of player.
Fair enough. There will always be trending skills to some extent. Today the shooter rules.

Fair enough. There will always be trending skills to some extent. Today the shooter rules.

The shooter. And the “post player” that can guard guards, because every team wants to switch every single screen now.

But they don’t celebrate Christmas in turkey

Of all our players in the last decade, he was the most unfortunate as far as timing goes. You could argue he was our best true 5 in the last 10 years, but when he was at his best we had nothing around him.

Of all our players in the last decade, he was the most unfortunate as far as timing goes. You could argue he was our best true 5 in the last 10 years, but when he was at his best we had nothing around him.
crazy to think we were once loaded at the 5. FAB, Raxmas, mooseman and Dajuan. this year looks ominous.