Rakeem Christmas | Syracusefan.com

Rakeem Christmas

torque

Walk On
Rak signs with Yulon Luxgen Dinos in the SBL. Super Basketball League is the first tier semi-professional men's basketball league in Taiwan. Rak just finished his 14-day quarantine and will make his debut on Nov. 14th. in a preseason tournament. The season begins on Dec. 5th.

Semi professional?

Semi professional?

Taiwan basketball industry is chaos since the market is small. There are two leagues in Taiwan, SBL (4 teams) and P+ League (4 teams).

SBL is governed by Chinese Taipei Basketball Association, a member of FIBA. Not all the SBL players play basketball full time. There's a team owned by Bank of Taiwan. Their players work as bank clerks during offseasons.

People who had enough dealing with Chinese Taipei Basketball start a new league, P+ League this year.

Some import players see playing in Taiwan as a stepping stone to play in China. If Rak kills it in Taiwan, he might get a CBA offer. OJ Mayo played in the SBL last year. He's playing in China now.

Wow ... this is such a low level league I can’t bet it on my degenerate betting site ... and you can pretty much bet 4th division Kazakhstan JV ball there

Anybody wanna guess the numbers he puts up?

I wonder if his future FIL flies over to take in a game?

MJ is a hero in China. There might be other motives. Wish them the best.