Rakeem Christmas | Syracusefan.com

Rakeem Christmas

MadNY3

All American
I am so rooting for him...but I also think his best days ahead could be as a volleyball player.

He's a SOPH, but his game seems to be limited to athleticism sans hoops IQ.

I am so rooting for him...but I also think his best days ahead could be as a volleyball player.

He's a SOPH, but his game seems to be limited to athleticism sans hoops IQ.

Or a diplomat. :)

What? He is Mickey dees all American he is Awsome Baby!!

People that rag on triche over rak makes me laugh literally laugh my ass off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a worthwhile debate.

Triche has unnecessarily become Troy Nunes on his worst days every day. Christmas has rarely produced anything and it is getting worse.

It all sucks.

Triche has unnecessarily become Troy Nunes on his worst days every day. Christmas has rarely produced anything and it is getting worse.

It all sucks.
At least triche tries and actually contributes. To me rak is the most wasted talent we have had here in 20 years

He is a biggest wast of talent since Winford Walton!

At least triche tries and actually contributes. To me rak is the most wasted talent we have had here in 20 years

That is a good question actually.

Biggest waste of talent I still think was Mookie. But maybe he and Rakeem go into the same bucket of "shoudda been a helluva lot better than we got."

Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes would be on the list...had they not taken their talents to Rutgirls.

Not even close. I am praying he goes to the nba. Let these kids next season see what they can do.

i caught his teammates yelling at him a couple times to get after it...

It all sucks.

Triche is nothing like Troy Nunes. Triche was recruited as a guard by multiple schools. Nunes was recruited as a QB by SU only. ;)

44cuse

I will never say players don't try or want to win. However I do think you can see some players working harder than others at times during the game. (I was thinking of a better term to use but couldn't, so feel free to insert your own term instead if you can think of a better one.) There are some guys whose work ethic is consistently high and others who work hard parts of the game.

I think CJ Fair works harder than others consistently. I think Grant is tentative a lot of the time, more so now that Southerland, but seems to work hard most of the time.

After watching games on television and really focusing on our interior players today while at the game, I think Christmas, Keita and Coleman work very hard to get position on offense when they first enter the game. Christmas and especially Coleman (during his very limited time today) were working to get position very hard. Coleman was rewarded with a pass to the post and missed the shot, although he did hustle to keep the ball alive. From what I recall Christmas did not have the ball thrown to him when he worked for position. He finished one time on a pass from a drive and flubbed another pass. Christmas, I can't put Coleman into this category since he hasn't been playing in a while, almost looks like he gives up after he doesn't get the ball early in the game. Keita keeps working hard, but I don't think he understands how to get good position as well as Christmas.

We get very little offense from our centers. I still argue we don't try to get them involved enough, but that is beside the point since we have learned to not expect anything from our centers.

The reason people get more upset with Triche is due to the fact that we expect him to perform. I like Triche as a player and even when he isn't playing well think he brings something to the team. The second half today is probably the worst half of his career. A four year starter should not throw away two inbounds passes. A four year starter needs to be able to forget mistakes and bounce back quickly, this is something Triche rarely does and definitely was unable to do this today. Triche's inconsistent play coupled with what we expect from him is why people (myself being one of them today) blame Triche's play instead of Christmas's play.

I don't care if Rak ever scores a point but he MUST rebound the ball. Today 3 rebs in 23 minutes. He has way too many games like this. Totally unacceptable. He stands there and watches the action instead of getting after it. I don't know if that can be fixed.

even if his last name was hanukkah i still wouldn't be pleased.

He got he ball today one time underneath and he looked like a 10 year old who never gets the ball on the playground. He got all happy feet and TWO handed dribbled it to the floor where it was immediately stripped.

He got he ball today one time underneath and he looked like a 10 year old who never gets the ball on the playground. He got all happy feet and TWO handed dribbled it to the floor where it was immediately stripped.
That was so telling. By the way my 10 Year old is avging 14 pts a game and doesen't hesitate as bad as Christmas does 3 feet from the basket?

Just not sure what to make with Rak. At the beginning of the season, I really felt as if he was the key to our success. If he had improved to where he was at least a decent low-post threat, we'd be fine. But there has been virtually no improvement from last year to this year. I'm always an optimist with raw players like Rak last year, Fab year 1, Cooney this year, etc. It's important to give players time to improve. But with Rak, I just don't know. Is this really all he's going to be? It just doesn't seem like he has a clue of what is going on out there. We REALLY could've used another year from Fab. Just killed us that he left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom