Random recruiting thought. | Syracusefan.com

Random recruiting thought.

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Its gotta be super tough for coaches who make contach with potential recruits, then develop a legit relationship say over the course of a couple years, Keep in touch enough where you feel genuine respect and like for eachother. You feel real good about a commitment and expect it pretty much.

Now all of a sudden pay pal cal comes in and all of a sudden they make them an offer they cant refuse and loyalty is thrown out the window. Now material items and being taken care of in the short term are more important.

Gotta be tough to be a coach and keep your mouth shut.

yea cals adorable at week 1 all dressede in black handing out gifts like santa claus

but by Week 3

calyelling.jpg

Week 5
7102030.jpg

Week 7
bilde

Week 8 you start to look like this
Anthony%2BDavis%2BTeeth.png

By week 10
thrown_under_bus.jpg

Before you know it your unstable for life.

are we speaking of any recruits specifically, or just Dakari and Nerlen?

Wasnt even referring to them, just his general pratice. And the aftermath.

i still don't know how he didn't get hit with anything for having someone take Derrick Rose's SAT for him?

He's a cancer to cbb and needs to be gone. Even though I do love watching his rockstar teams fizzle out before our eyes every other year

albanycuse said:
Its gotta be super tough for coaches who make contach with potential recruits, then develop a legit relationship say over the course of a couple years, Keep in touch enough where you feel genuine respect and like for eachother. You feel real good about a commitment and expect it pretty much. Now all of a sudden pay pal cal comes in and all of a sudden they make them an offer they cant refuse and loyalty is thrown out the window. Now material items and being taken care of in the short term are more important. Gotta be tough to be a coach and keep your mouth shut.

What material items are you speaking of?

albanycuse said:
Jewelry, clothes, tattoos, $$$ and many more.

Proof? Hearsay? Bad apples? Jealousy? Just an absurd claim at this point, I'd expect that more out of a team struggling to get players rather than a team that one and doners would like to go to.

Proof? Hearsay? Bad apples? Jealousy? Just an absurd claim at this point, I'd expect that more out of a team struggling to get players rather than a team that one and doners would like to go to.

Well there is also refusing to apply your common sense. You know fleeing both prior stops as the NCAA comes a knockin and hits the team with sanctions. While he just moves on cranking up the same system a couple ticks more each time. He may be at the point were @ UK they don't need to do as much shady stuff but how anyone can think that he didn't have to, to get where he is baffles me.

Well considering that in his last two stops sanctions were brought down on the school due to recruiting violations, it's not to hard to believe that something fishy is happening at Kentucky where they are recruiting at a ridiculous level. There is no hearsay in the fact that Derrick rose had another person take his sat or the numerous other problems, so I don't think there needs to be anymore proof, and jealousy, really? Syracuse has been playing at an incredible level since 2009 and I am not jealous of kentuckys NIT last year.

I've been thinking about Cal and Kentucky a lot lately. I'm not sure there is a more "crack-like" experience than being a Kentucky fan. Restocking with that many one and doners every year would be cool at first - but it's a short "high". You don't get to know them, feel like they are your guys. It's a revolving door - I honestly think it's turned a proud program to addicts. And we all know how it ends... sanctions and trouble with the NCAA, removed banners, etc.

And I bet deep down they know how it's going to end too.

I've been thinking about Cal and Kentucky a lot lately. I'm not sure there is a more "crack-like" experience than being a Kentucky fan. Restocking with that many one and doners every year would be cool at first - but it's a short "high". You don't get to know them, feel like they are your guys. It's a revolving door - I honestly think it's turned a proud program to addicts. And we all know how it ends... sanctions and trouble with the NCAA, removed banners, etc.

And I bet deep down they know how it's going to end too.

Plus with crack you don't really get all that high after awhile and your just chasing the taste and that numb that goes with. . . . . . . . or so I've been told.

kentucky gets one and doners because the ncaa ignoreded things like john walls kentucky house (not his breaking and entering charges) and him telling other nba rookies he got paid and asking them why they didnt. And davis 250,000 decommit in hot water recommit a week later scandel with caliparis moral loyalty to take him back.

Those things didn't come overnight like brandon knights commitment paycheck.

kentucky gets one and doners because the ncaa ignoreded things like john walls kentucky house (not his breaking and entering charges) and him telling other nba rookies he got paid and asking them why they didnt. And davis 250,000 decommit in hot water recommit a week later scandel with caliparis moral righteousness to take him back.

but, but the proof! Where is it? You have to like hit me over the head with it 20 times in a row first.

Ugh... people complain about uconn posts but at least we've played them afewtimes in the last thirteen years.

Haven't programs been paying recruits for years? That book Raw Recruits came out in the 80's. And Blue Chips was a totally underrated movie.

Haven't programs been paying recruits for years? That book Raw Recruits came out in the 80's. And Blue Chips was a totally underrated movie.

Yes.

The difference is that the hammer was usually brought down on schools whose practices were unusually dirty.

Here, Calipari's a known cheater at two previous schools and the NCAA doesn't have the stones to hit him with a show cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom