Ranking over the last 25 years | Syracusefan.com

Ranking over the last 25 years

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Did anyone else catch Colin Cowherd list his Top 7 Basketball programs over the last 25 years? He "developed" a formula based on various factors:

If I remember the list correctly, it was:

7. Michigan State
6. Syracuse
5. Yukon
4. Kentucky
3. Kansas
2. UNC
1. Dukies

I can't really argue with much of that. I'd almost put MSU ahead of us based on tourney success, frankly.

UConn should be #3 . . . and, over the last 15 years, they are #1

but the most important thing to know is that Cowherd doesn't know much about basketball in general, and jackshit about college hoops

Yeah, swap MSU and SU and it's fine. Rest of a top 10? In no order...UCLA, Arizona, Arkansas? Maybe Indiana or Louisville?

Obviously everyone has there own ranking system. Most here seem to want to base it on tourney success. Cowherd's formula considered Final Four appearances, coaching stability, NCAA issues (or lack thereof), and player of the year recipients. Subjective criteria to be sure. But just one other view on ranking the programs. I thought it was interesting. SU is well-regarded (sometimes more than some even here want to believe).

Yeah, swap MSU and SU and it's fine. Rest of a top 10? In no order...UCLA, Arizona, Arkansas? Maybe Indiana or Louisville?

I would put Florida over Arkansas to round out the top 10.

Obviously everyone has there own ranking system. Most here seem to want to base it on tourney success. Cowherd's formula considered Final Four appearances, coaching stability, NCAA issues (or lack thereof), and player of the year recipients. Subjective criteria to be sure. But just one other view on ranking the programs. I thought it was interesting. SU is well-regarded (sometimes more than some even here want to believe).

And that was only to rank the seven schools he had picked as being the best. It wasn't to determine who were the seven best, That he picked arbitrarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom