Ranking the 16 teams left in terms of rooting interest | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ranking the 16 teams left in terms of rooting interest

I was going to comment on how many mid majors were in the sweet sixteen this year, but then realized I don't know what conference about twelve of those teams play in.

Funny, I used to be a basketball fan, now I just follow Syracuse.
Speaking of that...I looked up who's in CUSA while watching FAU yesterday.

I don't think I would have gotten all the teams currently in that conference with 100 guesses

We're not in it, I'll see all of them in Hell.
Yeah, me too. I have no rooting interest and likely won’t watch a minute.

I would be genuinely excited if they won
1. Princeton
2. Florida Atlantic -- I can never keep Florida Atlantic and Florida International straight in my head
3. Miami -- I've always liked Jim Larranaga and they're in the ACC

I would be cool with them winning
4. Creighton
5. Xavier
6. San Diego State
7. Gonzaga -- Mark Few is a great coach and deserves to get a title
8. Kansas State -- they never seem to get over the hump in any sport
9. Houston

Neutral feelings
10. Arkansas -- one more title than us if they win it
11. Tennessee
12. UCLA
13. Texas

Not after the shadiness with that death
14. Alabama

Nope
15. Michigan State -- Tom Izzo's legacy arguably surpasses Boeheim if he gets a second title here.

[gap the size of the Grand Canyon]

16. UConn

1. Princeton
2. FAU
3. Gonzaga
4. Houston
5. Everyone else, except
16. UCan't

At the start of the tourney, I was rooting for Northwestern, Providence and Princeton (a 7, an 11 and a 15). All I have left is my 15 which will probably get blown out by Creighton on Friday. But I'll still watch the tourney because it is the last college basketball we will see until next fall.

(Northwestern because of Chris Collins who "saved my life" in China, but that's another story; Providence because of Ed Cooley who became a good friend when he was at Fairfield U; and Princeton because so many of my friends went there. All good logical reasons, right?).

I don't think the Izzo comment is even arguable. He already has 8 FF's. Another championship definitiely takes him up a rung.
Read an article earlier today where MSU was referred to as a blue blood.

At the start of the tourney, I was rooting for Northwestern, Providence and Princeton (a 7, an 11 and a 15). All I have left is my 15 which will probably get blown out by Creighton on Friday. But I'll still watch the tourney because it is the last college basketball we will see until next fall.

(Northwestern because of Chris Collins who "saved my life" in China, but that's another story; Providence because of Ed Cooley who became a good friend when he was at Fairfield U; and Princeton because so many of my friends went there. All good logical reasons, right?).
Can we hear the story? I love hearing your interactions with the team and JB, etc.

Can we hear the story? I love hearing your interactions with the team and JB, etc.
Okay ... crazy story. I was in Beijing in 2008 with US Olympic team. Chris Collins was there as an assistant coach from Coach K's team. One day we went to the Great Wall. Only way to get down from Great Wall was a toboggan type chute. A bunch of punky kids threatened to force me off the track. Chris said he would ride "shot gun" and protect me from them. He did. As you can see, I was a bit terrified, while Chris was laughing all the way.
No photo description available.

Last edited:
Okay ... crazy story. I was in Beijing in 2008 with US Olympic team. Chris Collins was there as an assistant coach from Coach K's team. One day we went to the Great Wall. Only way to get down from Great Wall was a toboggan type chute. A bunch of punky kids threatened to force me off the track. Chris said he would ride "shot gun" and protect me from them. He did.
Love me some CTO stories

Okay ... crazy story. I was in Beijing in 2008 with US Olympic team. Chris Collins was there as an assistant coach from Coach K's team. One day we went to the Great Wall. Only way to get down from Great Wall was a toboggan type chute. A bunch of punky kids threatened to force me off the track. Chris said he would ride "shot gun" and protect me from them. He did. As you can see, I was a bit terrified, while Chris was laughing all the way.
No photo description available.
That's awesome. I like to hear all your adventures as well as those of Cuse Troop, for completely different reasons of course.

Princeton
Miami

Everyone else except

Xavier
UConn

I would be genuinely excited if they won
1. Princeton
2. Florida Atlantic -- I can never keep Florida Atlantic and Florida International straight in my head
3. Miami -- I've always liked Jim Larranaga and they're in the ACC

I would be cool with them winning
4. Creighton
5. Xavier
6. San Diego State
7. Gonzaga -- Mark Few is a great coach and deserves to get a title
8. Kansas State -- they never seem to get over the hump in any sport
9. Houston

Neutral feelings
10. Arkansas -- one more title than us if they win it
11. Tennessee
12. UCLA
13. Texas

Not after the shadiness with that death
14. Alabama

Nope
15. Michigan State -- Tom Izzo's legacy arguably surpasses Boeheim if he gets a second title here.

[gap the size of the Grand Canyon]

16. UConn
I like your list and am pretty well aligned with you. Definitely agree on UConn being dead last. The only two that I feel much different about with you is Mich State and Miami. I like Izzo and respect him and their program. I'd move him to neutral or I would be cool with. I'd move Miami to "I don't like Ruiz" (after Neutral) and ahead of Bama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom