Ranking...... | Syracusefan.com

Ranking......

newmexicuse

All Conference
We didn't even get a vote in the AP poll. Maryland, Tex-Arlington, and Vermont got one each !!!

Not saying we deserved to be ranked yet, but that is just plain disrespectful.

If we beat Kansas we probably vault into the Top Ten, but the more interesting speculation is if we lose to them in a game that gets decided very late, would that be enough to get us ranked or at the very least earn us some votes ?

Polls polls...who cares right now. Now with Geno gone, SU needs to come together and continue to play hard every game. Polls matter later and take care of themselves once the team does.

This logic always amuses me.

So you are saying we don't deserve to be ranked, but then are asking the voter to make a bad choice and vote them as a top 25.
I am saying that we deserve votes ahead of maryland, tex arl, and vermont at the least. Maybe ahead of some others that received votes as well.

Just because we may not deserve enuf votes to be top 25, it does not mean that we do not deserve to receive any votes at all.

I am saying that we deserve votes ahead of maryland, tex arl, and vermont at the least. Maybe ahead of some others that received votes as well.

Just because we may not deserve enuf votes to be top 25, it does not mean that we do not deserve to receive any votes at all.

The voters are voting for a top 25. No one here thinks we should be a top 25 team. Why would any voters think we deserve to be ranked?

Pre-season and even early season rankings are based on projections off of last year's teams. Because that's all the "data" that is available. Given this doesn't include any new incoming players or marked improvements in returning ones (e.g., Frank)it's essentially a wild-assed guess

As the new season goes on and teams play weaker teams and occasionally strong ones more is known and ranking starts to have some meaning.

Maryland lost last night at home vs what looked like a pretty strong Purdue team. I doubt they'll get any votes next week. And to state the obvious, if we do well versus Kansas at Kansas --- a tall task --- we'll be ranked.

Pre-season and even early season rankings are based on projections off of last year's teams. Because that's all the "data" that is available. Given this doesn't include any new incoming players or marked improvements in returning ones (e.g., Frank)it's essentially a wild-assed guess

As the new season goes on and teams play weaker teams and occasionally strong ones more is known and ranking starts to have some meaning.

Maryland lost last night at home vs what looked like a pretty strong Purdue team. I doubt they'll get any votes next week. And to state the obvious, if we do well versus Kansas at Kansas --- a tall task --- we'll be ranked.

I hope Kansas thinks the game is @ Kansas. That would Bode well for us.

The loss was against Kentucky and they only lost by 4?

If you want to play that game then I can say they only beat Bradley by 1.

They may be a decent team but at this point in season no American East teams should recieve any votes with a loss when there are so many undefeated power 5 teams still left and some don't have any votes...

Last edited:
How does Vermont get a vote with a loss? That's ridiculous
Vermont is actually a pretty good team this year. That said, no way should they be getting any vote at this point, especially if we aren't. I think a lot of voters still aren't paying much attention to hoops yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom