Razor's edge | Syracusefan.com

Razor's edge

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Guess it's the same way every year and the same for every bubble team but imagine where we would be right now if:

- Oshae made the open bunny at the end of the Bonnies game,
- Tyus didn't lose the ball and drove for the winner against Notre Dame and
- Any one of a dozen opportunities were cashed in against FSU.

21-6 with a couple more quality wins would have us firmly in the Top 25 and fighting for a top 4 seed rather than firmly on the bubble. Seems like over the last few years we've won more than our share of last second games. Just the law of averages catching up with us.

Guess it's the same way every year and the same for every bubble team but imagine where we would be right now if:

21-6 with a couple more quality wins would have us firmly in the Top 25 and fighting for a top 4 seed rather than firmly on the bubble. Seems like over the last few years we've won more than our share of last second games. Just the law of averages catching up with us.

If we'd somehow won 2 of those games, we'd probably be ranked.

That's how on the cusp this team has been all year long, warts and all. Despite the obvious flaws, we're still pretty darn good. Or as close to it as anyone, save for a handful of teams dotting the collegiate basketball landscape.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this team land in the NIT, or advance all the way to the NCAA Final Four.

Not only those three, but...

Tied @ Wake with 3:27 left

Lose @ GT by 4 shooting 30%

Tied vs. NC State with a minute left

Three more winnable games that went the other way.

If all six of those go a different direction, we are top 10 in the country.

That's how on the cusp this team has been all year long, warts and all. Despite the obvious flaws, we're still pretty darn good. Or as close to it as anyone, save for a handful of teams dotting the collegiate basketball landscape.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this team land in the NIT, or advance all the way to the NCAA Final Four.

I really think our defense can take us far in the Tournament if we get there.

Agree with both, but depends on Sid Vicious' and Matt's health. 5 + .5 + .5 deep won't last long in the tourney (if we make it).

If there was any season to be a #8, 9, 10, or 11 seed and make a run at a Final Four, this is it.

Actually won't be close at all if we win out. We'll have probably another 8 wins and something like be 26-9 with an additional 5-6 excellent Quad 1 wins.

I'd guess at least a 4 seed.

Not only those three, but...

Tied @ Wake with 3:27 left

Lose @ GT by 4 shooting 30%

Tied vs. NC State with a minute left

Three more winnable games that went the other way.

If all six of those go a different direction, we are top 10 in the country.

Absolutely true. I went with the three that were decided by the final play in regulation or OT but other than UVa and Kansas we were in a position to win any of them. Didn't want to open myself up to the fairly close games that we did win but "could have" lost..

Really seeing improvements on offense the last couple of weeks too. Marek's mid range shots, Oshae showing a consistent stroke form 3 and overall better ball movement is where I see the real upside.

Win or lose close games decided the season. but really you should never lose the SB game by missing a layup and never lose the ND in regulation , by losing the ball and then multiple guys not hustling back for a rebound.

If there was any season to be a #8, 9, 10, or 11 seed and make a run at a Final Four, this is it.

I don't see SU or any team making a run with only 6.5 scholarship players. But here's hoping.

Actually won't be close at all if we win out. We'll have probably another 8 wins and something like be 26-9 with an additional 5-6 excellent Quad 1 wins.

I'd guess at least a 4 seed.
Just imagine this happening going from right on the edge of in or out to 4 seed

Agree with both, but depends on Sid Vicious' and Matt's health. 5 + .5 + .5 deep won't last long in the tourney (if we make it).

Isn't that where we can get away wit 5.5? Two day rest and significantly longer TV timeouts?

Though you could mean foul trouble, which can always be an issue.

Yes we lost close games in ACC. But in our games before Bonnie we got away with a few as well. For example we were very lucky to come back against the Hoyas.

Based on our efficiency ratings our record makes sense.

Thanks for the thread title. Made me think of that time Razor Ramon gave Shawn Michaels a razors edge off the ladder at summer slam. Quite the moment.

ygLcOD.gif

Yes. To be in this position is pretty crazy and impressive especially how anemic they are offensively, still. With all the minutes logged and injuries as well is actually kind of Herculean I think. Still, I just can’t see them getting to the F4. I think it is too much to ask. I don’t think there are many good defensive teams in the ACC either. Offensively I think it could be a brutal watch if we make it. Like if we play a 7 as a 10 or win that and play a 2 like Xavier. Obviously the matchups are critical. The zone can help though. Teams will have not seen it and often they just stand around, pass it back&forth, and forget how to ball. It overcomes some of the woes. I just think the offense is truly too poor to go far. But, man, I will be excited for the chance and will be happy even in a play-in-game to get it going.

I would be stunned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom