Class of 2020 - RB Chris Spegal (IN) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Chris Spegal (IN)

Something seems very strange with this story. I don't buy that it's because he's a fullback, either. There are definitely D1 schools that want kids like that, IF those measurables are legit. If nothing else he could be a special teams star.

Something is definitely odd with that
Something seems very strange with this story. I don't buy that it's because he's a fullback, either. There are definitely D1 schools that want kids like that, IF those measurables are legit. If nothing else he could be a special teams star.
What's so weird about it? He lives in the football hotbed of Indiana. There's no indication he's hit the camp circuit. The reported 4.6 time doesn't indicate elite speed. And gaudy stats aren't necessarily an indicator of success. Plus, he's only a junior.

And coaches don't/can't have off campus contact with kids who aren't entering their Senior year. Unless he goes to junior days or attends camps on a schools campus he isn't going to get much attention as a Junior.

Also reading that story I got the impression that Charlie has never attended a paysite camp. If he doesn't pay for the privelege of attending one of their camps he probably isn't going to get ranked.

Any concussion history?

What's so weird about it? He lives in the football hotbed of Indiana. There's no indication he's hit the camp circuit. The reported 4.6 time doesn't indicate elite speed. And gaudy stats aren't necessarily an indicator of success. Plus, he's only a junior.
Did you not see he claims to bench 420 and squat 575? Those are astounding numbers for a HS junior. Like world class level.

Did you not see he claims to bench 420 and squat 575? Those are astounding numbers for a HS junior. Like world class level.
So? It's not like there's some secret database of high school players that only coaches can see. Unless someone is tracking stats for every HS running back in the country, he seems like an easy miss. Also, those measurables are from... what? His weight room? No one's going to know that if his coach / father / himself isn't pushing it.

he runs like that Wake kid that kill us every yr..

honestly its a style that would play well in Dinos offense.. move the chains over and over at speed.

So? It's not like there's some secret database of high school players that only coaches can see. Unless someone is tracking stats for every HS running back in the country, he seems like an easy miss. Also, those measurables are from... what? His weight room? No one's going to know that if his coach / father / himself isn't pushing it.
Um, which is why I question them? I did say that IF those lift numbers are legit that it's strange he's not getting interest. It doesn't add up. He gained almost 2,000 yards as a freshman, so you would think that adding all of these items up, he would have caught someone's attention by now, competition level be damned.
World class weightlifter, record destroying runner, solid student. Something doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's just me.

Um, which is why I question them? I did say that IF those lift numbers are legit that it's strange he's not getting interest. It doesn't add up. He gained almost 2,000 yards as a freshman, so you would think that adding all of these items up, he would have caught someone's attention by now, competition level be damned.
World class weightlifter, record destroying runner, solid student. Something doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's just me.
Every kid who plays football isn't going to get noticed without self-promotion or a coach who is making sure he gets noticed. Just think about how many HS football teams there are across this country and Canada. The odds are the majority of kids are going to get overlooked.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Here's one reason why people might be missing him. His name is Charlie, not Chris. :)

And that time doesn't seem accurate. Players behind him weren't losing ground to him. Level seems pretty low. He's short, slow, stiff but does look very strong. He's a Jr. with MAC level teams looking at him. Seems appropriate. He'll go to a MAC school and we'll all move on. Nothing crazy going on here.

New Palestine is a small town/school south east of Indianapolis, would love to see us grab a kid from the Hoosier state.

Last edited:
New Palestine is a small town/school south east of Indianapolis, would love to see us grab a kid from the Hoosier state.
Not this one I hope. Coleman level I'd take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom