Class of 2017 - RB Luke Erickson (NY) PWO Committed to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Luke Erickson (NY) PWO Committed to Syracuse

I, uhm... it looks like this player misspells his own last name.

Could be me but it seems we have more walk-ons joining the team than in the past.

They need to increase the numbers so pwos are a great way to do that. A lot of the special team players last year were pwos.

They definitely need to increase the size of the roster, with 110 players of decent quality. Babers said so himself that it's extremely difficult to run practices without the numbers, he wants 3 & 4 full teams of players. You improve the walkon depth you improve the overall team.

However, my opinion is you can't be running walkons out on special teams and expect quality play. They are walkons for a reason.

No way. I played for his Dad at his first high school coaching job when he graduated from SU. This makes me feel old.

I'm from Johnson City, NY. He coached there. Not sure if that is the first place he coached, though.

They definitely need to increase the size of the roster, with 110 players of decent quality. Babers said so himself that it's extremely difficult to run practices without the numbers, he wants 3 & 4 full teams of players. You improve the walkon depth you improve the overall team.
You're capped to 105 players on the roster during summer camp. Unlimited number on the roster, though, once school starts. But those extra quality guys are probably hard to come by at SU if you have to bring them in off the street (e.g., not PWOs).

However, my opinion is you can't be running walkons out on special teams and expect quality play. They are walkons for a reason.

Was listening to Matt Rhule this morning. Baylor already has 115 players even with all the scandal, fallout and recruiting backlash they've had over the last year. There's no way we shouldn't have just as many.

Was listening to Matt Rhule this morning. Baylor already has 115 players even with all the scandal, fallout and recruiting backlash they've had over the last year. There's no way we shouldn't have just as many.

What's the tuition at Baylor for an in-state Texas resident, and what's the tuition at SU?

What's the tuition at Baylor for an in-state Texas resident, and what's the tuition at SU?

Its tuition and fees are $42,006 (2016-17). Baylor is private, as well.

Hey look, SU football has has totally stunk for almost a decade now and we have a head coach who is into his second year of rebuilding and to many is doing as well as he can until he gets the quality of players to do this and this does take time and I say more that into his second full year to do this. Come back next year or into the 4th to condemn were we should be. We have the nations toughest schedule this year and we are going to field the best team we can and hope we pull through with passing grades. What I'm saying is the better and more recruits will come with winning and heading into the right direction. I feel 100% confident in HCDB and feel he is doing everything in his and his staff's power to accomplish this.

Hey look, SU football has has totally stunk for almost a decade now and we have a head coach who is into his second year of rebuilding and to many is doing as well as he can until he gets the quality of players to do this and this does take time and I say more that into his second full year to do this. Come back next year or into the 4th to condemn were we should be. We have the nations toughest schedule this year and we are going to field the best team we can and hope we pull through with passing grades. What I'm saying is the better and more recruits will come with winning and heading into the right direction. I feel 100% confident in HCDB and feel he is doing everything in his and his staff's power to accomplish this.

um, no one is condemning anything. You are reading waaaaaaaay too much into my post. My only point is that I agree with Phat and used Baylor as an analogy.

um, no one is condemning anything. You are reading waaaaaaaay too much into my post. My only point is that I agree with Phat and used Baylor as an analogy.
no problem, ( how but that Akeen Dixon commit) lol

. :)

You're capped to 105 players on the roster during summer camp. Unlimited number on the roster, though, once school starts. But those extra quality guys are probably hard to come by at SU if you have to bring them in off the street (e.g., not PWOs).

yup. i thought it was 110 but no matter we need more quality walkons.

Unless you get better walk ons. I'm not suggesting that this kid will prove to be anything better than a walk on caliber contributor [whether that be only in practices or on ST]. But lots of other teams have walk ons who end up panning out and becoming quality players. If we add better fodder to the pipeline, it increases our chances of having that happen here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom