Rb pass protection | Syracusefan.com

Rb pass protection

upperdeck

Living Legend
Was it brought up just how bad Bailey was friday night? It really killed several plays. he makes some nice blocks on center pressure but really messes up others. that has led to several sacks for no reason this year.

Was it brought up just how bad Bailey was friday night? It really killed several plays. he makes some nice blocks on center pressure but really messes up others. that has led to several sacks for no reason this year.
Friday was the first game where I thought Bailey was horrific in pass coverage. As a whole there was a guy getting past him and getting past Hay all game. The pass protection didn't appear to accomodate an extra rusher, so you had a guard or center double teaming all game while twon was left alone to take the blitzer. I think it was partly the slide protection and partly a bad game for antwon

If you watch the replays of the games after WV he has been playing like this since then. I actually thought he was better this week, if you watch the UL game again he was dreadful at times.

IMO Bailey misses too many blocks. In particular his brush blocks are often too weak

Wonder if Bailey is just beaten up. He has regressed, doesn't look like he has the burst anymore. Is all but invisible in the passing game as far as catching the ball (maybe by design). And when he is staying in to block he's not doing so well.

Offense should have had 28 points before the long Lemon TD. Was unfortunate to see so many mistakes.

Wonder if Bailey is just beaten up. He has regressed, doesn't look like he has the burst anymore. Is all but invisible in the passing game as far as catching the ball (maybe by design). And when he is staying in to block he's not doing so well.

Offense should have had 28 points before the long Lemon TD. Was unfortunate to see so many mistakes.
the guy has 977 total yards in 10 games. i agree about his missed blocks but he's made out to be some total bum.

it's not like carter was super durable last year, few times where he got banged up to the point where he was out of the game

i only mention carter because you don't get much bulkier than him at RB. bulking up to better take a beating is ways overrated

the guy has 977 total yards in 10 games. i agree about his missed blocks but he's made out to be some total bum.

it's not like carter was super durable last year, few times where he got banged up to the point where he was out of the game

i only mention carter because you don't get much bulkier than him at RB. bulking up to better take a beating is ways overrated

I just wonder if it has more to do with the fact that he's pretty much the only RB used, and it's been that way all year, which means he's probably getting 90% of the snaps in practice. Legs may just be tired.

Maybe I'm wrong, he just doesn't look as fast to me anymore. I started to notice it in an open field run, I think against Louisville. He used to seem much quicker in his earlier years.

Other than occasionally on 3rd and short, we're a 1 RB team. Might have been 2 by now if Gulley didn't get hurt, but he did.

I was going to mention this, but forgot. I agree-Bailey has been brutal pass blocking for several games. he practically moves out of the way when the defender comes in...and I generally like Bailey and think he's a good runner.

i have always thought he'd be fine as a #1 back but he never needed to be in the top 20 in carries (which he is)

he is beat shot done. the guy is a situational player forced to play way to many downs. the next two weeks lets hope that Doug has a brain in his head and lets some of these kids heal. I dont think we need anymore killer practices. Lets try and save something for the games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom