Class of 2019 - RB Ray Leach (NY) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Ray Leach (NY)

money3189

Hall of Fame
Kid has been ripping up class B section v for awhile now. His senior year was record breaking. Lost in the state final to Joe Girard. Whats your thoughts on this kid? He can play

Last edited:
Reminds me stature wise of joe Benedict. Joe seemed faster on top end but this kid has great hips and nice lateral cutting ability.

Wow! Kid is a bulldozer with some speed - at the high school level. Not sure he could pull that off at the FBS level. Would be fun to see him at an FCS school like Colgate.

Kid has been ripping up class B section v for awhile now. His senior year was record breaking. Lost in the state final to Joe Girard. Whats your thoughts on this kid? He can play
I like him. He reminds me of James Connor, except in a smaller body. I think he would do really well for a school like UMass or UB. Probably not fast enough for the ACC.

Strong. Patience and good anticipation to set up blocks. Runs through contact.

Bounces to the outside too often and runs high. Would like to see ability to burst with low pad level and run through contact on the inside. Capable frame and athleticism. Would benefit from improved flexibility.

Claimed height and weight seem a little high. Curious what his bench/squat/clean #'s are. Any insight here?

Strong. Patience and good anticipation to set up blocks. Runs through contact.

Bounces to the outside too often and runs high. Would like to see ability to burst with low pad level and run through contact on the inside. Capable frame and athleticism. Would benefit from improved flexibility.

Claimed height and weight seem a little high. Curious what his bench/squat/clean #'s are. Any insight here?
I know he's a strong kid and likes to work out. What level do you think he can play at?

Looks to slow for P5 back.
I don’t think P5, I should have stated that. A school like Akron or something on that level could use him for sure. I think in some clips he looks faster than others. The kid probably played both ways and carried the ball 30 times a game so he is gassed in a lot of the highlights.

In terms of ability, huge #’s obviously. I think everyone here has already kind of laid out what he is...

But, I’ve also heard that some other stuff is going on to keep schools at arms length. Also, obviously being stabbed by a teammate is something we can empathize with, not sure if his situation was similar though.

Ray Leach's sister: 'Once he made a touchdown, I knew he was going to be all right'

Albany, U.B., Delaware St. & New Hampshire have been in contact and have yet to commit to him, so he’s playing the waiting game.

Lol

why is that funny? D2 football is virtually non existent and the local programs are not better than the quality D3 schools. I don't know enough about the PA schools and those further south nor do i know if he'd want to go to a school like that. He's clearly not a FBS level talent. I also don't see him at a high level FCS (like CAA). Maybe he could make low level FCS like the NEC or the weaker Patriot/Ivy programs. But even then, the difference between a depth back, and a starter on a high D3 school is minimal.

I know he's a strong kid and likes to work out. What level do you think he can play at?
I think he'd be a steal for an FCS program but not quite a P5 level player. Alot of hard work at the right program he could play G5 and have a great career. JMO.

I think he'd be a steal for an FCS program but not quite a P5 level player. Alot of hard work at the right program he could play G5 and have a great career. JMO.
Thats kinda where Im at too. When a kid runs for that amount of yards. You just can't ignore that. I will lower I heard he's a 4.6 kid. With some weight loss and added functional strength I think he can play at a D1 level.

Thats kinda where Im at too. When a kid runs for that amount of yards. You just can't ignore that. I will lower I heard he's a 4.6 kid. With some weight loss and added functional strength I think he can play at a D1 level.

A legit 4.6 is plenty fast. 11 of the 25 rbs at last years combine were 4.60 or slower.

In terms of ability, huge #’s obviously. I think everyone here has already kind of laid out what he is...

But, I’ve also heard that some other stuff is going on to keep schools at arms length. Also, obviously being stabbed by a teammate is something we can empathize with, not sure if his situation was similar though.

Ray Leach's sister: 'Once he made a touchdown, I knew he was going to be all right'

Albany, U.B., Delaware St. & New Hampshire have been in contact and have yet to commit to him, so he’s playing the waiting game.
He's been a good player for a while. I have a buddy who is on the staff who obviously thinks he is better than what people is giving him credit for. I haven't watched him play much but he went on a rushing binge that's unheard of. The attention he's getting is warranted. I noticed his line was not all that great. He breaks the first one or two tackles each play. Has a great stiff arm and he's durable. I think he's fast for a player of his physique.

Last edited:
He's been a good player for a while. I have a buddy who is on the staff who obviously thinks he better what people is giving him credit for. I haven't watched him play much but he went on a rushing binge that's unheard of. The attention he's getting is warranted. I noticed his line was not all that great. He breaks the first one or two tackles each play. Has a great stiff arm and he's durable. I think he's fast for a player of his physique.

You go for over 900 yds and 16 tds in 2 state playoff games than you are doing something serious. Don't think he's a Cuse recruit but the schools sniffing around seem appropriate.

You go for over 900 yds and 16 tds in 2 state playoff games than you are doing something serious. Don't think he's a Cuse recruit but the schools sniffing around seem appropriate.
agree

There's another RB we shouldnt have passed on. Having a great career at UMass right now.

There's another RB we shouldnt have passed on. Having a great career at UMass right now.

Fredericks? His year wasn't that great.