Class of 2020 - RB Zachary Evans (TX) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Zachary Evans (TX) Offered

This kid is the number one RB in the entire country, and some places have him as the number one overall recruit in the class, regardless of position. He's a generational talent, and his recruitment is shaping up to be an absolute bloodbath between Texas, A&M, Alabama, and LSU. It's nice that we offered, but there's no way he ends up with Syracuse.

This kid is the number one RB in the entire country, and some places have him as the number one overall recruit in the class, regardless of position. He's a generational talent, and his recruitment is shaping up to be an absolute bloodbath between Texas, A&M, Alabama, and LSU. It's nice that we offered, but there's no way he ends up with Syracuse.
You are probably right but I have learned never to say never. Especially when dealing with teenagers.

I admire your optimism and I long to live in a world where Syracuse can pull the top recruit out of the state of Texas!

I have never been angrier after a win than that Nova game. needing a shanked 25 yd FG just to get to OT, then having to stop a 2 pt conversion to win, against an FCS team. Ah, the days of Shafer

as far as the kid is concerned, hey, might as well offer.

Hear he's going to be a player/coach at Baylor, that way he can leave immediately... like coaches do.

A little more of the backstory from the LSU blog: and the valley shook

Zach Evans - Five-star RB

The saga continues, but this ain’t Wu-Tang. Evans signed with Georgia during the early period and agreed to announce his decision at the UA Bowl this week. He showed up for practices, told reporters, in not so many words, he planned to do exactly that. Then, day of the announcement, he bailed. This is nothing new for Evans, who routinely announces commitment dates then backs off — among other red flags that include a suspension from his high school team’s state title game appearance. No harm no foul really until now, where he’s actually locked into a letter of intent to UGA.

UGA insiders seems to think Kirby will let him out of the LOI, which brings both LSU and A&M back into the picture. During the dead period, the staff clearly moved on from Evans, so the question is do they think he’s worth kicking up with again. The answer there appears to be no. Evans had his opportunity and he’s played enough games. To get strung along again and him ultimately ink with A&M and to potentially miss out on someone like Gibbs because of it simply isn’t worth it for a marginal talent upgrade. If LSU had absolutely no other options at running back, that would change the equation, but there’s a number of capable backs left in play AND they’ve got a trio of returners that are more than capable of holding down the fort in Chris Curry, Tyrion Davis-Price & John Emery Jr.. My guess is Evans winds up at A&M.

I live in College Station and A&M has lost 3 or 4 backs to the portal so far this offseason, they are willing to deal with all the baggage to bring him in. He was also supposed to be an early enroll guy and classes start on Monday but he doesn't seem to have qualified yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom