RE: Buffalo Bills - After all these years... | Syracusefan.com

RE: Buffalo Bills - After all these years...

QManCuse

Walk On
You would think, just by law of averages, that the Bills roster would include at least one SU player. I could be wrong, but Keith Moody is the only Orange to play for the Bills, and that was a hundred years ago. They cut Gary Anderson after drafting him(brilliant). If nothing else, the interest in CNY would significantly increase, as unlike any other isolated NFL team 130 miles away, they don't possess a majority of the fan base. They now have our coaches, let's see if they go after Nassib.

It really has been odd I think. Hell, they didn't so much as sniff Mike Williams, and he was a cuse guy AND a Buffalo native. We'll see what happens with Marrone at the helm now.

Look, I realize that there are a lot of Bills fans here, and this will be unpopular but...

The Bills are a pretty shabby franchise. I don't just mean by NFL standards, I mean by all professional sports leagues in all of North America. I have zero problems with Syracuse players not finding spots on Buffalo rosters.

Also, I don't like Marrone, and think he's a great match for the Bills.

70-58027-Y.jpg

Look, I realize that there are a lot of Bills fans here, and this will be unpopular but...

The Bills are a pretty shabby franchise. I don't just mean by NFL standards, I mean by all professional sports leagues in all of North America. I have zero problems with Syracuse players not finding spots on Buffalo rosters.

Also, I don't like Marrone, and think he's a great match for the Bills.

The Bills were not always such a shabby franchise. They were arguably the best franchise in football in the late 80's/early 90's (obviously sans a title), and that was around the same time SU football was at great heights, and yet we still couldn't find one of our guys on their roster.

You would think, just by law of averages, that the Bills roster would include at least one SU player. I could be wrong, but Keith Moody is the only Orange to play for the Bills, and that was a hundred years ago. They cut Gary Anderson after drafting him(brilliant).
I agree. I always found that to be odd and wondered about it. I think they passed up many great SU players on their way to mediocrity. I am still waiting for Rob Johnson to fulfill his destiny as "quarterback of the future" (a term I heard many times when I lived in Buffalo when Johnson replaced Flutie under questionable circumstances).

The Bills were not always such a shabby franchise. They were arguably the best franchise in football in the late 80's/early 90's (obviously sans a title), and that was around the same time SU football was at great heights, and yet we still couldn't find one of our guys on their roster.
Agreed. Was speaking more on the current state of things.

Thanks for the flashback. Ahh...Buffalo formal evening attire from the 80s and 90s. Very nostalgic.

LOL, that's about right.

Buffalo's 30 year blacklist against SU is just ONE of the reasons I haven't followed the team. With Marone's hire (along with most of last year's Orange staff), my interest level will go up. But I won't consider myself a 'fan' until an SU kid is on the roster (oh, and they clean up the smoldering piles of garbage their 'fans' leave in the parking lots).

Bury the SU blacklist and cleanup your act, Buffalo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom