Reaction to ACC Move | Syracusefan.com

Reaction to ACC Move

OrangePA

Living Legend
For whatever reason, the move to the ACC has made me feel that Syracuse University Football is now a full fledged member of the major college football club.

I have lost my inferiority complex - a complex I didn't even realize I had!

I find myself more interested in the SEC, the Pac 12 and Big 12 than I used to be. I find myself listening to the college football station on XM radio and watching the college football shows on ESPNU and the CBS Sports Network. I never used to do that.

I guess I'm no longer concerned that I might hear - again - that my team's conference is a fraud or is not worthy of a BCS bid or can't compete with the major conferences etc.

With this move, I am even more interested in and excited by Syracuse Football than I was before -it's hard for me to believe.

I can't wait for the process to be completed - I can't wait to compete against Clemson, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech and the rest.

Amen, OrangePA. I don't think I ever had the complex, but it will be a welcome relief to not have to defend BE football to my friends down yonder.

If we got to 4 x 16, the ACC will probably be considered the "worst" of the four conferecnes but there will be no doubt they belong. All the schoosl in it have long histories in both football and basketball. The Big East was full of wannabes which made it a wannabe conference, (in football). It had become an entry level conference for the BCS and a stepping stone conference for coaches. It's harder for a wannabe to maintian success than to attian it and there were too many years when the Big East simply had no strong teams, (2004, 2010). Retaining the BCS standing was a constant battle- one that we were winning, for now- but what about the future.

We are on solid ground now and future appears safe.

For whatever reason, the move to the ACC has made me feel that Syracuse University Football is now a full fledged member of the major college football club.

I have lost my inferiority complex - a complex I didn't even realize I had!

I find myself more interested in the SEC, the Pac 12 and Big 12 than I used to be. I find myself listening to the college football station on XM radio and watching the college football shows on ESPNU and the CBS Sports Network. I never used to do that.

I guess I'm no longer concerned that I might hear - again - that my team's conference is a fraud or is not worthy of a BCS bid or can't compete with the major conferences etc.

With this move, I am even more interested in and excited by Syracuse Football than I was before -it's hard for me to believe.

I can't wait for the process to be completed - I can't wait to compete against Clemson, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech and the rest.
Hopefully this goes for the whole fan base. SU centric and BE myopia has plagued this fan base for years.

44cuse