Read the "Why Syracuse isn't Penn State" piece ... | Syracusefan.com

Read the "Why Syracuse isn't Penn State" piece ...

It's good to read/hear, but it is a year too late!!! Nocera's (and others) irresponsible journalism unfairly cast a man, program, University and City in the worst light possible - comparing it to a situation in which claims were fully vetted through the legal process (grand jury process), resulting in charges being filed. Instead of understanding the history of the "claims" made in the Syracuse "affair" - Nocera (and others) simply jumped to the entirely incorrect conclusion that Syracuse University, the Syracuse Newspapers, Boeheim and anyone else remotely associated with the program were covering up the abuse (note there were very few articles citing to "alleged abuse" at the time).

The hell with this guy and his meaningless mea culpa. Where was he when it mattered? Where was his voice of reason when others were being so irresponsible?

Outside of Jason Whitlock, the rest were simply lemmings printing the same apples to apples story over and over again.

Peace.

PS - Hope to see you at some point this fall/winter CTO44 - maybe Temple game (football or basketball)?

It's good to read/hear, but it is a year too late!!! Nocera's (and others) irresponsible journalism unfairly cast a man, program, University and City in the worst light possible - comparing it to a situation in which claims were fully vetted through the legal process (grand jury process), resulting in charges being filed. Instead of understanding the history of the "claims" made in the Syracuse "affair" - Nocera (and others) simply jumped to the entirely incorrect conclusion that Syracuse University, the Syracuse Newspapers, Boeheim and anyone else remotely associated with the program were covering up the abuse (note there were very few articles citing to "alleged abuse" at the time).

The hell with this guy and his meaningless mea culpa. Where was he when it mattered? Where was his voice of reason when others were being so irresponsible?

Outside of Jason Whitlock, the rest were simply lemmings printing the same apples to apples story over and over again.

Peace.

PS - Hope to see you at some point this fall/winter CTO44 - maybe Temple game (football or basketball)?

I read the article. He included himself in the pack that was chasing poor Bernie.

I wish he could sue ESPN and others for megabucks. Too bad that's unlikely.

The public learned nothing from the Duke Lacrosse deal or from this. There is no way to protect yourself from the press ruining your life.

As noted by many in the comments which follow the article... Nocera never comes out with an APOLOGY. Perhaps the most difficult words to utter in the English language, "I am sorry", and "I was wrong".

Just came back from a bike ride with my wife. We stopped to chat with some friends and there was a Penn St fan there (someone new to us and the neighborhood).

Penn St fan to me (I was wearing an orange SYRACUSE cycling jersey) " when is the NCAA gonna come down on Bernie Fine and the Syracuse mess?".

Me, "what for?".

Him " the sex scandal."

Me, "I don't think the NCAA can do anything about the liars that charged Bernie. They have so far been proven and in fact some self admitted to be just that, liars. Besides I don't think they have any eligibility left at their ages (a failed attempt to lighten his escalating tantrum)."

Him - raising his voice quite high about how unfair to JoePa, current players and blah blah blah...

Me (trying to be civil and coming close) " That has nothing to do with SU though."

Him, continued as if I cared anymore and now hearing it from two of his neighbors who are SU grads and big time SU fans.

Him, storming off and saying something about crushing Ohio St.

Me, thinking I had hoped for the best for the current Penn St players but now hoping they get destroyed by Ohio St. only for the spite of this clown in our neighborhood.

My wife told me later she expected me to rip into this guy and was pleased that I had quickly given up reasoning and talking to him. She is far more stable than I am.

We will most likely not invite him over for welcoming drinks and dinner.

I read the article. He included himself in the pack that was chasing poor Bernie.

I wish he could sue ESPN and others for megabucks. Too bad that's unlikely.

The public learned nothing from the Duke Lacrosse deal or from this. There is no way to protect yourself from the press ruining your life.

Holy #^%&#!!!!

You mean Bernie Fine is an innocent man?????!!!!!????

SU fired an innocent man under pressure of the emerging Penn State scandal, media attention and an audio tape that didn't even include Bernie's voice??????!!!!????

Wow!
Talk about fall guys.

He's got to have some lawsuit against the university there!

Holy #^%&#!!!!

You mean Bernie Fine is an innocent man?????!!!!!????

SU fired an innocent man under pressure of the emerging Penn State scandal, media attention and an audio tape that didn't even include Bernie's voice??????!!!!????

Wow!
Talk about fall guys.

He's got to have some lawsuit against the university there!
I hope you're being sarcastic. He has no claim against SU. His situation at home was causing irreparable embarrassment to SU (he was fired after the phone call was leaked). Like it or not, that's the way these employment contracts typically work.

As noted by many in the comments which follow the article... Nocera never comes out with an APOLOGY. Perhaps the most difficult words to utter in the English language, "I am sorry", and "I was wrong".

Nor was there a single apology from the Duke Faculty that wrote that letter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom