Real interesting words from JB | Syracusefan.com

Real interesting words from JB

I haven't read through all the articles the last few weeks but I don't recall seeing this discussed...

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jim-boeheim-doesnt-sound-like-a-man-who-wants-to-retire/

This is real interesting article for two reason.

1) JB is basically saying "we'll be good the next year(s), esp. if CJ, DC2 and Rak don't to something stupid and leave.

Hopefully, we’ve got a lot of these guys coming back if they’re smart and we’ll see what happens,” he said. “It will be a great challenge playing down there.”

2) JB rarely, if ever, talks this openly about recruits, to the point where guys go on record. Though he's not, and cannot comment, he clearly likes Ennis, Roberson and McCullough (and probably the others like BJ, etc).

Boeheim sounds excited about the recruits he has coming in for next year and in 2014, a group that includes St. Benedict’s Prep point guard Tyler Ennis and Roselle (N.J.) Catholic forward Tyler Roberson in 2013 and Brewster (N.H.) Academy forward Chris McCullough of New York in 2014.
“I’m excited about the future,” Boeheim said. “We’ve got one of our better recruiting classes coming. We’ve got commitments from underclassmen that I think are very, very good players.”

Sounds like he's excited about the future and will be coaching at least 2 more years.

JB can comment on next season's incoming class.

Sounds like he's excited about the future and will be coaching at least 2 more years.

Yep, that's my take away, too. I'd be stunned if he's not here at leas two more, after reading that. JB is one competitive dude and at the end of 2014, he is looking at having an upperclass team of DC2, Grant (maybe), Rak(maybe), Cooney, Mike G, with this year's recruits and knowing he can plug in McCullough (and others?)...he'll want to give that team a run to a NC.

“I’m excited about the future,” Boeheim said. “We’ve got one of our better recruiting classes coming. We’ve got commitments from underclassmen that I think are very, very good players.”[/quote]

underclassMEN? I thought McCullough was the only junior who has committed???

“I’m excited about the future,” Boeheim said. “We’ve got one of our better recruiting classes coming. We’ve got commitments from underclassmen that I think are very, very good players.”

underclassMEN? I thought McCullough was the only junior who has committed???[/quote]
The classic unreported silent stuff emerges its ugly head.:crazy::rolleyes:

underclassMEN? I thought McCullough was the only junior who has committed???

Iommi/Cali nails it ... "underclassMEN"? Does JB know something we don't? Crossing fingers on ninja-commit from Whitehead, but I'm guessing this is reference to Briscoe?

DC2 and Christmas would be absolute nuts to even think about leaving after this season.

DC2 and Christmas would be absolute nuts to even think about leaving after this season.

Certainly.

But I can't think that a transfer is out of the realm of possibility for a couple of those guys. (Just speculating.)

Are any of our guys signed yet? The recruiting sites all list them as 'verbals' and none have them as 'signed'. Didn't anyone sign in November? If a player hasn't signed, Boeheim can't talk about him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom