Realignment: Would You Be Happy With This? | Syracusefan.com

Realignment: Would You Be Happy With This?

Would you be happy if this was our move?

• Yes

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • No

Votes: 61 93.8%

• Total voters

UpstateSM

First to Surmise Dakota Leffew Would Be Orange

Want to see how the responses are different on each board.

- The real Big East does not exist.

- MHver is one of the worst at realignment news, why give him the time of day?

- The ACC is in a better position right now to poach the B12.

- If it comes down to it, I do not want SU in the B12. I rather see SU start a "Northeastern" conference with a round robin schedule against Notre Dame, Army, Navy, BC, Pitt, UConn, one of Temple/Nova, Georgetown, St Johns, maybe Duke, maybe one or both of USF/FAU, maybe Tulane, maybe James Madison.

People need to realize that there are endless permutations for the future of CFB.

There is a good chance that some combo of BYU, Utah, Zona, ASU, Colorado, KU, K State, Okie State are not in the B12 ten years from now. So what exactly would SU be joining?

There is also the Super Conference threat, in which case there is no point in joining the B12.

As long as UNC stays the ACC will be a viable conference. They are the linch pin. When and where they go will cause a domino effect.

What Notre Dame does IMO is a big deal for SU. Right now there are 7 at large bids. So ND has no incentive to join a conference. They have 1 of 11 votes on the CFB Playoff committee. The B18 and SEC only have 2 combined. IMO ND rather help keep some form of the ACC or a new Northeastern conference as a place to park their non FB sports vs joining the B18 or SEC. So I think SU's interests would be aligned with ND's.

We can all have our preferences of how the future will look. But it really is impossible to predict, even for someone like ADJW who will be more informed than anyone.

A merger of sorts with the ACC and Big12 is possible, but if anyone is poaching, the ACC is more likely to take from the B12.

But honestly, for me, all this BS just falls into the category of not worrying about things I can’t control. I don’t trust anyone to do what is right for college football or the fans.

One thing I’m confident in is ADJW, fighting and clawing for what’s best for cuse to stay relevant. We are too much of a national brand to not be involved in one of the powerhouse conferences IMO. I am not saying we are a powerhouse - no. But our tv ratings, our merchandise sales, our facilities, our one of a kind stadium which just got a facelift, etc. show we are not dead weight. Add in our lax prowess, great Olympic sports etc. I would say we have a stronger case to get snagged by a major conference then GT, Pitt, BC, wake. Just my two cents. Also I have no idea what I’m talking about fyi

People need to realize that there are endless permutations for the future of CFB.

There is a good chance that some combo of BYU, Utah, Zona, ASU, Colorado, KU, K State, Okie State are not in the B12 ten years from now. So what exactly would SU be joining?

There is also the Super Conference threat, in which case there is no point in joining the B12.

As long as UNC stays the ACC will be a viable conference. They are the linch pin. When and where they go will cause a domino effect.

What Notre Dame does IMO is a big deal for SU. Right now there are 7 at large bids. So ND has no incentive to join a conference. They have 1 of 11 votes on the CFB Playoff committee. The B18 and SEC only have 2 combined. IMO ND rather help keep some form of the ACC or a new Northeastern conference as a place to park their non FB sports vs joining the B18 or SEC. So I think SU's interests would be aligned with ND's.

We can all have our preferences of how the future will look. But it really is impossible to predict, even for someone like ADJW who will be more informed than anyone.
i've always said that ND will protect us when we get to the nitty gritty of Syracuse getting a thumbs up or down from Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon.

ND wants their northeastern schools long term. BC and Syracuse and Pitt will remain closeby to ND in whatever is finalized.

i've always said that ND will protect us when we get to the nitty gritty of Syracuse getting a thumbs up or down from Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon.

ND wants their northeastern schools long term. BC and Syracuse and Pitt will remain closeby to ND in whatever is finalized.

They won't protect anything but themselves. ND does not have any partners, they have pawns. As long as there are enough pawns for them to build a castle, they will remain independent in FB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom