Reality check | Syracusefan.com

Reality check

cuseguy

Living Legend
This team isn't winning a NC with Scoop at PG. I've found it amazing that they've won 31 games. Really. It's no wonder Dion has stolen his minutes. But Dion isn't a PG.

I said this last year but Scoop has won me over through the course of this season. He's had three bad games in a row, which is troubling, but he has been completely solid in his decision making this year. I fully expect him to bounce back and have a good NCAA Tournament.

I hope so. Never been a big Scoop fan. Hard to imagine winning a NC with him. I'll be surprised.

I hope so. Never been a big Scoop fan. Hard to imagine winning a NC with him. I'll be surprised.

It's hard to win an NC with anybody! Its hard to do period. We are in as good or better shape than any other team at the PG.

Good Scoop is as good of a PG as there is in college basketball. Only problem is that chances are if we get to play 6 games in a row, bad Scoop will show up for 1 or 2 of them. We need to be able to overcome that. Last night we win if Scoop doesnt play. It was ridiculous how bad he was.

With a little luck we can help it out
We can make this whole damn thing work out.
With a little love we can lay it down
Can't you feel the town exploding.
There is no end to what we can do together!

come on if your gonna blame anyone blame chis jo he was and has been god aweful. missed free throws and turn overs come on

Good Scoop is as good of a PG as there is in college basketball. Only problem is that chances are if we get to play 6 games in a row, bad Scoop will show up for 1 or 2 of them. We need to be able to overcome that. Last night we win if Scoop doesnt play. It was ridiculous how bad he was.

Dude, get ahold of yourself man. He has a bad coupla games. It happens. The kid has been cash money all year. He led us to the best record in program history and now on the verge of the NCAA tournament you want to exile him to a deserted island? Get onboard with the Syracuse fans. You're going to want to be on this ride brother!

Dude, get ahold of yourself man. He has a bad coupla games. It happens. The kid has been cash money all year. He led us to the best record in program history and now on the verge of the NCAA tournament you want to exile him to a deserted island? Get onboard with the Syracuse fans. You're going to want to be on this ride brother!
Thats why I said when hes good, I think hes as good as any pg in college basketball but when hes bad he plays like last night. I guess Kansas fans know how we feel with Tyshawn Taylor. I dont want to banish him to a desert island...but he needs to be better, hes a 5th year senior who does some stupid things that just blow my freakin mind. No doubt hes clutch and is capable of being a bigtime player in the NCAA Tournament, but he needs to not do what he did last night. That 1 on 4 turnover was insane.

With a little luck we can help it out
We can make this whole damn thing work out.
With a little love we can lay it down
Can't you feel the town exploding.
There is no end to what we can do together!

Please don't quote one of Wings' gayest songs ever. During Paul's silly love song phase.

We arent going anywhere with Dion this board 7-3 games ago.

We aren't going anywhere with Fab :when he played against Rutgers:

We aren't going anywhere with JB :he plays to much zone, stall ball and his teams can be inconsistant:

Blahh Blahhh Blahhh.:blah:

Scoop has run a effective no high post offense. He couldn't do that the last few years. Thats the difference and why he can lead us. If anything is going to hurt us its our jumpers,fruitless stretches, and turnovers on top of poor rebounding.

I mean, c'mon. I'll just quickly think of a better PG - Marshall at UNC.

Led them to a 30 point blowout loss this year and blew a 19 point lead to Duke at home. Scoop's had a few poor shooting nights, but last night was his only truly poor game of the season and he has led us to 31 wins.

I mean, c'mon. I'll just quickly think of a better PG - Marshall at UNC.

Amazing stat about Marshall in this week's SI: He does not have a single traveling violation or carrying violation all season.

I said this last year but Scoop has won me over through the course of this season. He's had three bad games in a row, which is troubling, but he has been completely solid in his decision making this year. I fully expect him to bounce back and have a good NCAA Tournament.

Which is it? Completely solid, or three bad games in a row? You cannot have both.

We live and die by reckless, carefree play on offense. Last night we died. We made our run when Scoop's foul trouble forced JB to bench him.

I think JB was trying to let Scoop play through his obvious funk last night, in anticipation of the tourney. It did not work. This team has round 2 or 3 loss written all over it. Some of the delusional posters who have taken over the board in the last 12 hours will probably be first in line to buy a 32-3!!! T-shirt.

Which is it? Completely solid, or three bad games in a row? You cannot have both.

We live and die by reckless, carefree play on offense. Last night we died. We made our run when Scoop's foul trouble forced JB to bench him.

I think JB was trying to let Scoop play through his obvious funk last night, in anticipation of the tourney. It did not work. This team has round 2 or 3 loss written all over it. Some of the delusional posters who have taken over the board in the last 12 hours will probably be first in line to buy a 32-3!!! T-shirt.

Read the whole sentence. I said he has been completely solid in his decision making. His poor games have not been related to decision making. That was his achilles heel in previous seasons.

I know the shiny #2 ranking is hard to look away from but lets get beyond the Sweet16 first. Even before the loss (and Scoop and KJ's performance), we had no business automatically penciling ourselves into the National Championship picture.

ESPN's Tournament Bracket Predictions by Joe Lunardi has us with the 6th best probability of winning the Tournament at 6.7%. Kentucky (31%), UNC (16%), MSU (10%), KU (7%), OSU (7%) are ahead of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom