Really hope the committee make a CLEAR statement | Syracusefan.com

Really hope the committee make a CLEAR statement

PoppyHart

All American
Take Drexel and Iona, and even Washington.

Reward regular season excellence and SAY it for once.

You had me till you said Washington.

That's where they they have to be really clear; i.e. If you don't win your conference, don't expect any favors.

Poppy I agree with you if the conference plays a true round robin you reward regular season excellence. However, the Pac-12 this year wasn't a true round robin and Washington won the conference by 1 game over Cal and only played Cal 1 time in Seattle and guess what they lost at home. If Washington had played at Stanford and Cal then its unlikely they win the regular season. Instead Washington got to play USC/UCLA x2 over Stanford/Cal x2 and that was why they won the regular season. I hope Iona and Drexel get in but I highly doubt both get in. Drexel should get in. I would take Iona over Seton Hall, or Miss State's of the world.

Not sure why Drexel is even in the discussion myself. They have an RPI of 66 and a SOS of 212 and a NC-SOS of 223. That means that their conference schedule actually helped their overall SOS, which goes anathema to what the committee has rewarded in the past in terms of mid-majors. But I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours.

Cheers,
Neil

The blatant crime that will be committed this year, imho, is the awarding of a second bid to the Pac-12. There simply is not a single team in that conference worthy of an at-large bid.

Cheers,
Neil

Take Drexel and Iona, and even Washington.

Reward regular season excellence and SAY it for once.

I have to disagree. None of these teams are that good and their conferences are the ones that decided to award the bids to the tournament champions. If Washington gets in the Pac 12 will have three teams, and that conference does not deserve three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom