Really like what Southerland has done in the paint tonight | Syracusefan.com

Really like what Southerland has done in the paint tonight

RF2044

Living Legend
Would love to see more of it from here on out--would help to mask our lack of "traditional" low-post scoring.

Yeah, but he went inside only after jacking about 6 too many awful jacks. He went inside when the outcome was no longer in doubt. His shot selection was awful for the balance of the game.

Only after he took about ten bombs from 25 feet.

He's taller than every Depaul player. Go inside. It's a simple concept.

Would love to see more of it from here on out--would help to mask our lack of "traditional" low-post scoring.
I really liked what BT did taking the ball to the hoop as well. Between the two of them they shot 18-20 from the free throw line. It's not rocket science is it?

I just makes me wish he would start the game playing closer to the rim, and THEN work his way out. I know he's a three point shooter, but you know he is, and everyone we play knows he is, so they will always shade him and push him farther and farther out, and when you're just coming into the game and your first shot is a 23 footer, that's not ideal. Get a couple baskets in closer, knock down a 12 or 15 footer, and then show you're a threat inside AND out. Expand your game, Dirty.

If he plays more like that down the stretch, both he & CJ will be productive "combo" forwards (cross between a 3 and a 4) & will present some problems for our opposing D's.

Southerland could and should be a difference maker inside. The guy can jump out of the gym, has a good build and should never have settled playing like a set shooting 2 guard at his 6'8-6'9 height. I know this was Depaul but hopefully a light is turning on , it sure would be good timing. Jacking up constant 3 pointers, hanging stagnant on the perimeter , trailing plays is such a waste
for him. He needs to utilize that energy on the court.

the whole old shoot til ya miss , miss til ya blahblahblah...

we're 11% from treytown and win by 20. southerland needs the sense to know when to quit and walk away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom