Really not all that concerned | Syracusefan.com

Really not all that concerned

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
other than with the turnovers. The penalties didn't seem all that bad, though any penalty is inherently bad. Offense moved the ball, though I wish they had more success running. It's the second level that the runners need to work on. I didn't like not using the tank formation when inside the 3 or 4 yard line. Another thing they need to work on is the drops. It seemed there were 4 or 5 plays in which the ball was dropped, including the 4th down at the goal line. All-in-all, turnovers need to be addressed first and foremost. How many drives ended inside their 30yd line without points? go 40-70 yards all for nothing. That was easily the most frustrating game I've seen in the Marrone Era, but there were some good things that happened, too.

other than with the turnovers. The penalties didn't seem all that bad, though any penalty is inherently bad. Offense moved the ball, though I wish they had more success running. It's the second level that the runners need to work on. I didn't like not using the tank formation when inside the 3 or 4 yard line. Another thing they need to work on is the drops. It seemed there were 4 or 5 plays in which the ball was dropped, including the 4th down at the goal line. All-in-all, turnovers need to be addressed first and foremost. How many drives ended inside their 30yd line without points? go 40-70 yards all for nothing. That was easily the most frustrating game I've seen in the Marrone Era, but there were some good things that happened, too.

Your right about the drops, uncharacteristically bad game for Lemon as he dropped a couple including a TD. I look for a big game from him Friday.

Your right about the drops, uncharacteristically bad game for Lemon as he dropped a couple including a TD. I look for a big game from him Friday.
He has done very well vs. UConn in the past, so absolutely

I wouldn't be that concerned either except we've lost 9 of 10 and each week in a different way. Seems like we get one leak plugged and another crack opens.

As to the 4th "drop" in the endzone, like I said in another thread, I watched all the key plays over again this AM. That drop wasn't as bad as it looked as the DB got his hand in there and deflected it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't be that concerned either except we've list 9 of 10 and each week in a different way. Seems like we get one leak plugged and another crack opens.

As to the 4th "drop" in the endzone, like I said in another thread, I watched all the key plays over again this AM. That drop wasn't as bad as it looked as the DB got his hand in there and deflected it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Very true every week its something else but in the end turnovers, penalties, and bad special teams continue to dog this team in year four under Marrone. You have to start to wonder if the turnovers and penalties will ever get squared away.

Lemon made some great catches over the middle on the TD drive in the second quarter and later as well. He had a few drops too. Sales had a similar type game I thought. Both are good receivers.

Very true every week its something else but in the end turnovers, penalties, and bad special teams continue to dog this team in year four under Marrone. You have to start to wonder if the turnovers and penalties will ever get squared away.
You can only do so much to limit turnovers. At some point you have to think that maybe it's the players making the turnovers, and that it is what it is.

I've seen things that I thought were indications of improvements over the last few years. But despite that, were still not able to be even mediocre in the worst conference. That is frustrating and why I've fallen off the bandwagon. I've always given the staff the benefit of the doubt either on here or just to myself. Unfortunately despite what appears to be progress isn't resulting in progress where it counts, winning games in the BE.

I don't know what the reason is anymore and 2 years ago it wouldn't matter because we would give the staff time to work it out. That time has passed; as far as wins and losses we are not better, not getting better, and there are no obvious signs that we are progressing upwards. If we can't even be middle of the pack in the BE at year 4 (or whatever year it is) we are not going in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom