Really people???? | Syracusefan.com

Really people????

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
3 years later and GRob still gets a mention in half a dozen threads? "Well, at least it's better than what we got under GRob". Why do we still set the bar so low? When is this program going to be measured against this staff and this team and not against a failed HC?

3 years later and GRob still gets a mention in half a dozen threads? "Well, at least it's better than what we got under GRob". Why do we still set the bar so low? When is this program going to be measured against this staff and this team and not against a failed HC?

Totally agree. Bad game? Yes. Do coaches need to be fired 5 games into a season? The same coaching staff that took 3-9 and turned it into a bowl team in 2 years? No.

Totally agree. Bad game? Yes. Do coaches need to be fired 5 games into a season? The same coaching staff that took 3-9 and turned it into a bowl team in 2 years? No.

Anyone even thinking to themselves that Marrone should be fired is out of their minds and not being rational. Criticize him, question him, even be pissed about a game? Sure, he isn't infallible, but fired? Absolutely nuts. He is in his 3rd season and he took us a a bowl win in year two. But to those who think he is beyond being questioned and shoot back that it's at least better than GRob and 2-10...well zippedydoodaa. I want a lot better than that.

Doug should not be compared to him, he is only cleaning up the mess left behind.

That said ... I did think today of the irony this team has faced over the past 7 years:

The "Defensive Guru" had one of the worst defenses in the NCAA's.

The "Offensive Guru" struggles to put 20 points on the board most games.

I'm not calling for anyone's head ... I still have faith in Marrone, I just hope he learns the lessons in front of him.

I'm still looking for all the threads that are asking for Doug Marrone too be fired. Where are they??? Or are you just trying to stir the pot.

I don't understand how the turnovers were DM's fault. He wasn't the one to give the ball up nor did he fail to protect the kicks that were blocked. Is this a disappointing loss? You bet. He coached well enough to win so how is this loss on him?

Bees. How is it better then what we got under GRob? When you look at home conference wins, Doug is 1-7, Grob is 2-12. I just want people to put Marrone's home conference record into perspective. I always thought that the most important games to win were your home conference games. Doug has not done that. It is not just one bad game at home, it is a trend that has continued. And no, I'm NOT asking for him to be fired. Just that people put it into perspective. Why are we asking posters to stuff his ballot box for coach of the year. That is what needs to be put into perspective.

I don't understand how the turnovers were DM's fault. He wasn't the one to give the ball up nor did he fail to protect the kicks that were blocked. Is this a disappointing loss? You bet. He coached well enough to win so how is this loss on him?

The playcalling was downright AWFUL!

-1st and goal from the 3 we have an empty backfield and pass when up 10 pts? Just run it 4 times, eat the clock and score a TD to all but end the game
-3rd and inches in the 3rd quarter instead of just picking up the stinking inch we throw a low percentage pass outside the hashes, forced to punt and kill the drive
-overtime, after having 2 kicks blocked, 4th and inches from the 2, need an inch for a new set of downs, probably score anyway and we kick a FG instead of going for the kill.
-4th and 15 Rutgers punting from their own endzone (SU is up 10pts) and we go after the kicker and rough the kicker. Instead of putting on a return and starting a drive from the 50 or better.

Look, this loss is ALL on the Doug and the coaches. 100% of it! They had the ball not once but TWICE on the goaline and couldn't end the game. TWICE!!

You're doing a really masterful job of "replying" to things in such a way that continues to state your case.

I'm certain that you realize that nobody is talking about the things you keep trying to talk about.

The one thing running through my my all game is that I can't believe this is two BSC conference teams playing. I hate being critial, I really do. But I found myself shaking my head at both teams the whole game.

Why do we still set the bar so low?
The playcalling was downright AWFUL!
Look, this loss is ALL on the Doug and the coaches. 100% of it! They had the ball not once but TWICE on the goaline and couldn't end the game. TWICE!!

Wholeheartedly agree.

The one thing running through my my all game is that I can't believe this is two BSC conference teams playing. I hate being critial, I really do. But I found myself shaking my head at both teams the whole game.
its gonna be tough for Rutgers or Syracuse to be heading to a bowl game this year. 6 wins will be tough for both. If not impossible

You're doing a really masterful job of "replying" to things in such a way that continues to state your case.

I'm certain that you realize that nobody is talking about the things you keep trying to talk about.

OK

truthfully i blame buzz shaw and jake for the mess of a team that g-rob had.

they offered him the job and hired him while looting the program for the schools other needs.

really...how can you fault the guy for accepting the job.

how many coaches out there would really turn down a bcs head coaching job...very few and syracuse has lots of tradition
Cantor and Gross, not the previous regime, hired Robinson.

a few years from now the GROB bar might be higher than the marrone bar. GROB's BE was much better than this. This sucks my balls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom