Rebounding Beast..... | Syracusefan.com

Rebounding Beast.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Joe was a blur going after every long rebound. Amazing that he gathered in 9 of em.

I remember three or four games ago Joe lost two rebounds by not hustling and waiting for the ball to come to him. Only times this season I have not seen 200% hustle from him. I think he learned and will not let that happen again !!!

Joe was a blur going after every long rebound. Amazing that he gathered in 9 of em.

I remember three or four games ago Joe lost two rebounds by not hustling and waiting for the ball to come to him. Only times this season I have not seen 200% hustle from him. I think he learned and will not let that happen again !!!
You know why he got 9? Because he’s smart and anticipates and gets to “THE SPOT”! If you have ever been a good athlete in whatever sport you get what I’m saying. Joe gets 9 cause Joe wants 9. He’s an amazing smart athlete.

You know why he got 9? Because he’s smart and anticipates and gets to “THE SPOT”! If you have ever been a good athlete in whatever sport you get what I’m saying. Joe gets 9 cause Joe wants 9. He’s an amazing smart athlete.
You’re confusing athleticism with smarts and determination or desire.. The best pure athletes are usually the worst rebounders. They think they can just jump and get every board. The best rebounders are crafty sons of guns who understand angles, game and shot situations, and who box out like beasts. Joe certainly showed his crafty, smart side last night. I wouldn’t say he was more athletic and that’s why he got those boards.

You’re confusing athleticism with smarts and determination or desire.. The best pure athletes are usually the worst rebounders. They think they can just jump and get every board. The best rebounders are crafty sons of guns who understand angles, game and shot situations, and who box out like beasts. Joe certainly showed his crafty, smart side last night. I wouldn’t say he was more athletic and that’s why he got those boards.
He didn't say good athleticism, he said good athlete. There is a difference sometimes. Larry Bird was a amazing athlete with below average athleticism.

He didn't say good athleticism, he said good athlete. There is a difference sometimes. Larry Bird was a amazing athlete with below average athleticism.
That may be a fair point. I will take that under consideration.

Our guards have been rebounding like gang busters. It’s been one of the many improvements that we’ve made, as a team, that has been critical to finding our way into the W column rather than the L column.

It also helps us get out in transition and with all of our shooters helps us find wide open looks that we don’t have to work too hard for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom