Rebounding, steals, blocks, FG%'s | Syracusefan.com

Rebounding, steals, blocks, FG%'s

Rocco

Watching you.
Starting off with rebounding:

I only counted "quality" opponents in these numbers. So all of the Colgates, EMU's of the world are not included in this.

We have played 9 quality opponents thus far, 3 OOC (SDSU, Ark, Temple) and 6 BE games (I've included all BE games as quality).

In those 9 games, we have a +16 overall rebounding margin (304 vs 288) for an average of 33.77/game vs 32/game.

The alarming stat for me is the number of ORebs we allow. In those 9 games, our opponents have secured 105 ORebs for an average of 11.66/game. I realize that one of the major weaknesses of the 2-3 zone is the ability for other teams to get ORebs because our guards are already getting set up for an outlet pass for transition purposes.

MCW, Triche & Cooney have done a much better job this year than we've seen in year's past, which is huge for this team that is forcing teams into shooting horribly from the field. 35.6% from the field (4th in the country) and 28.2% from 3 (13th in the country).

I can not translate the outlet passes resulting in a more positive net score versus closing in and crashing the glass by our guards. It would be awesome if someone could try and do that if you have about 100 hours.

I said that we make most teams look like good rebounding teams, which we do with their ORebs, but I will say I was wrong and rebounding is a strength this year. I will run laps.

A few positives to chew on:

SU is 2nd in the country in ORebs/game at 15.7. That is amazing.

SU is 8th in overall rebounds/game at 42.

SU is 6th in steals/game at 10.21.

SU is T-6th in steals/TO per game at 0.77.

SU is 2nd in steals/PF per game at 0.68.

SU is 5th in blocks/game at 7.11.

SU is 6th in blocks/PF per game at 0.47.

SU is 3rd in scoring margin at 20.1 pts/game.

SU is 24th in scoring D at 58.2 pts/game.

All in all, this team is pretty damn good.

Starting off with rebounding:

I only counted "quality" opponents in these numbers. So all of the Colgates, EMU's of the world are not included in this.

We have played 9 quality opponents thus far, 3 OOC (SDSU, Ark, Temple) and 6 BE games (I've included all BE games as quality).

In those 9 games, we have a +16 overall rebounding margin (304 vs 288) for an average of 33.77/game vs 32/game.

The alarming stat for me is the number of ORebs we allow. In those 9 games, our opponents have secured 105 ORebs for an average of 11.66/game. I realize that one of the major weaknesses of the 2-3 zone is the ability for other teams to get ORebs because our guards are already getting set up for an outlet pass for transition purposes.

MCW, Triche & Cooney have done a much better job this year than we've seen in year's past, which is huge for this team that is forcing teams into shooting horribly from the field. 35.6% from the field (4th in the country) and 28.2% from 3 (13th in the country).

I can not translate the outlet passes resulting in a more positive net score versus closing in and crashing the glass by our guards. It would be awesome if someone could try and do that if you have about 100 hours.

I said that we make most teams look like good rebounding teams, which we do with their ORebs, but I will say I was wrong and rebounding is a strength this year. I will run laps.

A few positives to chew on:

SU is 2nd in the country in ORebs/game at 15.7. That is amazing.

SU is 8th in overall rebounds/game at 42.

SU is 6th in steals/game at 10.21.

SU is T-6th in steals/TO per game at 0.77.

SU is 2nd in steals/PF per game at 0.68.

SU is 5th in blocks/game at 7.11.

SU is 6th in blocks/PF per game at 0.47.

SU is 3rd in scoring margin at 20.1 pts/game.

SU is 24th in scoring D at 58.2 pts/game.

All in all, this team is pretty damn good.

Hence, the 3 overall ranking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom