Rebounding was horrid | Syracusefan.com

Rebounding was horrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rocco

Watching you.
outrebounded 47-34 and they picked up 17 ORebs. The ORebs at the end of that game were brutal.

This stat is one of the primary reasons we lost. We can all b!tch about the last 3 minutes, but if we rebound better we win by 10. Pretty embarrassing to get out rebounded by Villanova.

This stat is one of the primary reasons we lost. We can all b ch about the last 3 minutes, but if we rebound better we win by 10. Pretty embarrassing to get out rebounded by Villanova.

Embarassing...why?

In conference games they are 1st in rebounding and 4th in rebounding margin. They aren't a small team. They have Yarou and Ochefu who are both 6-10/6-11 and 250lbs. + Pinkston is 6-7 / 260lbs. ; Bell and Hilliard are both 6-6. I think we should have rebounded better too, but I wouldn't call it embarassing as though we are a team known for our toughness on the boards.

By the way they outrebounded us by 12 in our win in the Dome.

Embarassing...why?

In conference games they are 1st in rebounding and 4th in rebounding margin. They aren't a small team. They have Yarou and Ochefu who are both 6-10/6-11 and 250lbs. + Pinkston is 6-7 / 260lbs. ; Bell and Hilliard are both 6-6. I think we should have rebounded better too, but I wouldn't call it embarassing as though we are a team known for our toughness on the boards.

By the way they outrebounded us by 12 in our win in the Dome.

My comment was based on the traditional Villanova teams. But to your point we did not get out rebounded due to their height to weight but their drive and heart. We lost a lot of positioning battles down low.

Regardless if it was embarrassing or nt we did not rebound well enough yesterday. The stat about our first win is inconsequential, different games altogether.

Yarou is a beast on the boards. Not surprised we got hammered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrebounded 47-34 and they picked up 17 ORebs. The ORebs at the end of that game were brutal.
maybe they should expect cooney to average 10+ rebounds a game so they naysayers have one more thing to bitch about him

Yarou is a beast on the boards. Not surprised we got hammered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when boeheim recruits, he puts a premium on players playing his zone,everything else is secondary including intensity and focus at the free throw line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom