Rebounding | Syracusefan.com

Rebounding

20Plus

Safe to say that

battle Howard Sidibe Moyer and Brissett has The potential to be a great rebounding team

Forget the comments that we played a small team and all that nonsense because everybody knows we played a small team

that's not the point these guys know how to rebound and they focus on doing it naturally and by instincts

You add Thorpe to this team as a third option I think will be OK on offense

Battle is a good first option Oshae is a good second option and Frank looks like he could be a good fourth option

Defensively,rebounding, definitely loose balls 50-50 balls and scrap plays will be much better than last year

Last edited by a moderator:
Safe to say that

battle Howard Sidibe Moyer and Brissett has The potential to be a great rebounding team

Forget the comments that we played a small team and all that nonsense because everybody knows we played a small team

that's not the point these guys know how to rebound and they focus on doing it naturally and by instincts

You add Thorpe to this team as a third option I think will be OK on offense

Battle is a good first option Oshae is a good second option and Frank looks like he could be a good fourth option

Defensively,rebounding, definitely loose balls 50-50 balls and scrap plays will be much better than last year
When you say good rebounding team do you mean by our standards or in general. I'm trying to think of team we had since the AO and Wes Johnson team that was a good rebounding team.

I think our best teams have 2 quality rebound guys. Roberson and Lydon in the FF run both rebounded very well. Last year Lydon was often left to do it on his own . Gotta wait and see I think on who can rebound on this team on a night in night out basis.

The biggest problem with rebounding is not the talent that we have, it is the system. In the modern game every semi-quality opponent will be able to put two, three, or more three point shooters on the floor simultaneously. That forces the Zone to extend out of rebounding position. Zone supporters will feel the benefits of the Zone offset rebounding disadvantages, the M2M supporters will feel that is one of the big reasons to go less Zone.

The biggest problem with rebounding is not the talent that we have, it is the system. In the modern game every semi-quality opponent will be able to put two, three, or more three point shooters on the floor simultaneously. That forces the Zone to extend out of rebounding position. Zone supporters will feel the benefits of the Zone offset rebounding disadvantages, the M2M supporters will feel that is one of the big reasons to go less Zone.
Yes but this team will get the 50-50 balls and have an instinct and neck to be quicker to the ball and just go get it . Last year with John and Thompson it was so frustrating at times their lack of hustle. Tyler battle with much bigger players and he really stuck his neck out there but he seemed slower than his freshman year

Yes but this team will get the 50-50 balls and have an instinct and neck to be quicker to the ball and just go get it . Last year with John and Thompson it was so frustrating at times their lack of hustle. Tyler battle with much bigger players and he really stuck his neck out there but he seemed slower than his freshman year

I agree. Rebounding I think is as much desire/instincts as it is schooling/systemic. I think these guys will rebound much better. They seem like they want to “go get the ball.”

I’m MUCH more concerned with offense than defense, frankly.

Playing an actual forward at SF will help a lot in the rebounding department.

When you say good rebounding team do you mean by our standards or in general. I'm trying to think of team we had since the AO and Wes Johnson team that was a good rebounding team.
we are always a poor defensive rebounding team, but on the other hand we are always competent (and often excellent) on the offensive glass