Recommendations for golf travel bag. | Syracusefan.com

Recommendations for golf travel bag.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
My less expensive one has seen better days.
Are the total hardshell cases too heavy or unwieldy?
Do the partial hardshells provide enough coverage?
Has anyone found one brand superior?
Thanks

Thanks
I find the hardshells very hard to move around and they take a ton of space. Much prefer the soft shells.

That said, I have had the shafts snapped on two drivers traveling in soft shells. If you get one, you also need to get one of these ‘stiff arms’.

ToVii Portable Golf Club Stiff Arm Support Protector Travel Bag, Sturdy Aluminum Pole, Fully Adjustable to Protect Clubs
https://a.co/d/06Ezt40L

I find the hardshells very hard to move around and they take a ton of space. Much prefer the soft shells.

That said, I have had the shafts snapped on two drivers traveling in soft shells. If you get one, you also need to get one of these ‘stiff arms’.

ToVii Portable Golf Club Stiff Arm Support Protector Travel Bag, Sturdy Aluminum Pole, Fully Adjustable to Protect Clubs
Amazon.com
Thanks Tom

Amazon.com
No surprise the way baggage handler throw the clubs around. We've all seen that one video.

Bag Boy also makes the "Backbone". Similarly priced to the one you posted. I've been lucky and never had an issue, but if your irons are graphite, it increases your chances. Since only my woods are graphite, I unscrew the heads off the woods and Tae the shafts together and stick them in the middle.

Thanks
Did you do Ship Sticks on your trip last year? It's expensive as he'll, but the box seems pretty durable.

The combo cases are pretty cool, but I've always used a soft sided, well padded travel cover. And I always wrap a towel around the heads so they dont move around.

Did you do Ship Sticks on your trip last year? It's expensive as he'll, but the box seems pretty durable.

The combo cases are pretty cool, but I've always used a soft sided, well padded travel cover. And I always wrap a towel around the heads so they dont move around.
I didn’t use them. I too found them to be very costly. Plus, we would have had a different pick up and delivery.
That said, saw tons of ship stick deliveries at Brandon Dunes.

My only bad experience with my golf clubs was back in 2011. Some US border patrol guy on a power trip, didn't like the fact that I didn't already have a hotel booked as I crossed at Gananoque on my way to Pittsburgh.

Opened my trunk and proceeded to slam my golf clubs on the ground as the started to search my trunk. At least he stopped his search there. He threw them back in, and gave me the go ahead.