Record breaking | Syracusefan.com

Record breaking

Shaggy1

2nd String
ACC network just said Tommy is the most sacked NCAA quarterback in the last 15 years and we have three effeing games left. I didn’t believe the stat. I did a quick look through espn stats for the last five years and the only quarterback I could find that had been sacked more than 41 times was Lamar Jackson. That stat is misleading too because all of the runs Lamar had for losses were obviously sacks. Currently Tommy has been sacked about twice as much as any quarterback in the top 50 or so in passing yards.

Not acceptable
1. Dino himself said this summer that the underbelly was now getting there. A few injuries should not give us this kind of O line performance.
2. Have we missed on that many O line recruits?
3. Penalties, missed assignments, and the technique and scheme are fubar.
4. We need a new direction with the O line.

We fired the DC so I'm expecting the Oline to see a quick turnaround these next 3 games. The offense is doing really well otherwise, 15 years isn't that long of a time to look at historical data anyway. We're scoring, playing fast, and look explosive, the defense is what's been holding us back.

I’ll settle for bad, many of those sacks the QB held the ball for a long time. ( example first play from scrimmage FSU) You can argue if it’s recievers not getting open or QB vision. The staff sees film broke down play by play, we do not.

the big unknown.. how many times did the WR go the wrong way on the route and the QB held it and then had no place to throw. when you run so many post snap plays decisions alot can go wrong if qb/wr are not on the same page. sometimes a different WR goes the wrong place and brings coverage into the area that would be open.

We missed on two transfer portal OL guys who were expected to plug into this line and play well. That’s 40% of your line fright there, and it demonstrates that the coaches knew there were issues.

Add in some injuries... possible lack of development in a couple of young guys, and I think that’s why we are where we are.

the big unknown.. how many times did the WR go the wrong way on the route and the QB held it and then had no place to throw. when you run so many post snap plays decisions alot can go wrong if qb/wr are not on the same page. sometimes a different WR goes the wrong place and brings coverage into the area that would be open.

We're still using the same WR's as the beginning of the season, so I'm guessing that overall, this isn't the issue.

ACC network just said Tommy is the most sacked NCAA quarterback in the last 15 years and we have three effeing games left. I didn’t believe the stat. I did a quick look through espn stats for the last five years and the only quarterback I could find that had been sacked more than 41 times was Lamar Jackson. That stat is misleading too because all of the runs Lamar had for losses were obviously sacks. Currently Tommy has been sacked about twice as much as any quarterback in the top 50 or so in passing yards.

Not acceptable
1. Dino himself said this summer that the underbelly was now getting there. A few injuries should not give us this kind of O line performance.
2. Have we missed on that many O line recruits?
3. Penalties, missed assignments, and the technique and scheme are fubar.
4. We need a new direction with the O line.
horse.gif

We have literally had this conversation every single week since we couldn't run against Liberty. It has intensified but I don't think there is a single person here who is not wondering what the heck happened to the OL.

I asked in another thread and didn't get an answer that I recall, but I'm curious what percentage of the sacks are directly due to DeVito deciding to hang on to it too long.

I asked in another thread and didn't get an answer that I recall, but I'm curious what percentage of the sacks are directly due to DeVito deciding to hang on to it too long.

My rough estimate is somewhere in the 1/4 to 1/3 range.

What's interesting is that you normally hear about mobile qb's holding the ball too long because they have so much confidence they can make a play with their legs. A lot of us, certainly me, never thought holding the ball would be a mistake TD would make. We thought he'd be the guy getting it out lightening quick and avoiding sacks.

What's interesting is that you normally hear about mobile qb's holding the ball too long because they have so much confidence they can make a play with their legs. A lot of us, certainly me, never thought holding the ball would be a mistake TD would make. We thought he'd be the guy getting it out lightening quick and avoiding sacks.
I was a little worried. He got buried on some plays last year. Not because I thought he was holding on the ball, but because he didn't have the same escapability.

View attachment 172774

We have literally had this conversation every single week since we couldn't run against Liberty. It has intensified but I don't think there is a single person here who is not wondering what the heck happened to the OL.
Thanks for the vote. Lololol

View attachment 172774

Btw. I know the horse was dead. But we beat it to hell with this record

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom