Record in early games (from wwl) | Syracusefan.com

Record in early games (from wwl)

PoppyHart

All American
Syracuse is 2-2 in games that start at noon or earlier this season and 16-0 in games that start at 1pm or later. In the last four regular seasons (not including the Big East Tournament or Men's Basketball Championship), the Orange are 7-5 in games that start before 1pm and have scored at least 80 points in those games just once. In games that start at 1pm or later they are 94-7 and have scored 80 points or more 46 times. --The Orange are 47-0 in the last four seasons during the regular season when they score at least 80 points (48-1 including the Big East Tournament and Men's Basketball Championship). --In conference games, Syracuse is 6-4 in the last four regular seasons in games that start at noon or earlier and 41-7 in games that start at 1pm or later.

FWIW, we have 3 more nooners this year.

Why is this happening though? Doesn't make sense

Lots of folks have thought this so it's interesting to see the stats. Yeah, college kids don't like to get up early, but last I checked our opponents also had college kids. Really wonder if out prep is different or if it's just a strange coincidence.

Why is this happening though? Doesn't make sense

JB doesn't enforce a curfew. This has been documented. It explains why they play hung over at noon. If you're a college kid and there is no accountability for staying out late on a Friday night, what would you do? They have been caught waltzing Times Square at 2am during the BET for christmas' sake.

They have been caught waltzing Times Square at 2am during the BET for christmas' sake.

When their game is 7pm the next night.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

JB doesn't enforce a curfew. This has been documented. It explains why they play hung over at noon. If you're a college kid and there is no accountability for staying out late on a Friday night, what would you do? They have been caught waltzing Times Square at 2am during the BET for christmas' sake.
So I take it you have data showing our opponents are consistently in bed before our players before early games?

so SU needs to make sure to get the #2 BET seeding which guarantees all night games.;)

So I take it you have data showing our opponents are consistently in bed before our players before early games?

He doesn't. And I've stayed at team hotels enough to know he's exaggerating. Greatly.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom