Recruit South Florida! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruit South Florida!

I would NOT talk to every parent. Parents likely only see those players which their sons are playing against or "camping" with. They don't have a handle on recruiting on a national level. Not to mention we have 85 scholarship players - you want 85-170 additional people putting their 2 cents in? I think the coaching staff has enough to do, and probably gets more "advice" from outside parties than they want/need.

With that said, I'm sure some Fathers & Mothers may truly know what they're talking about. Sounds like Bear's Dad played some cfb and has real connections. He's likely in the minority though. While his input may be valid & helpful, what happens when say - someone else's parents (oh, I don't know...let's use a random QB's Dad as an example ;) ) wants to stick their nose in and push for "Johnny Recruit," but we sign "Joe Recruit" instead, who was put forth by another parent. I think it would just open up a massive can of worms and do more harm than good. I could see a potential divide in the locker room. The last thing a team needs is more drama.
Maybe I got a bit cited and I wouldn’t talk to all. in my opinion though I would ask some in the know parents if there is anyone who would be good enough to be su recruits and if they would even be interested. If so, let the coaches take it from there. We need some help here or we need to take big steps forward with who we got now.

Dade County is number one with players in the NFL in the nation & Broward County is number three.

***THERE WERE FOUR PLAYERS FROM BROWARD COUNTY TAKEN IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT LAST YEAR!

*Nick Monroe is an excellent recruiter.

It would really be nice if we can get an additional coach to Tag Team with Monroe and double down on South Florida because the numbers speak for themselves!

Use the title "Football Analyst" like Bama does & add a solid guy from Miami (e.g. Telly Lockett or Devin Bush Sr.) to our staff & we'll be playing in the college playoffs in 3yrs. FACT!

Those two guys are connected to the streets & can get us the gamebreakers we will NEVER get otherwise. Fact!

Plus their former players are coaches at the schools with the 4 & 5 star players.

It's a no brainer...THE #'s DON'T LIE!!
This is crazy talk..what's next? Recruit Texas and California?

It’s difficult to get the higher rated or ever mid range players to continually come. There are so many schools now in Florida compared to the 80ies and early 90ies.

Well Thank U Sir,

Once Bear graduates I'll get back in it. I still calls from a few College coaches & help WHEN ASKED. Like I said; I'm NOT going risk severing a family relationship or friendships over miscommunication. Been there done that.

Last episode was "Main Man" NayQuan Wright #16 RB in 2019 & "Lil Cam" Camron Harris #7 RB in 2018

Glass had Nayquan & My brother trained Lil Cam since elementary & was VERY close with his mom, but when I'm told via third party we don't need help recruiting I respectfully backed off.

When BEAR graduates I may get back in the game.

As a former student government association president of a historically black University and a majority white University in South Florida trust me I know how to connect with students!

In fact, I had the largest student protest in the history of the State of Florida when they wanted to cut the Pell Grant...over 200,000 students clamped down in Tallahassee.
In 2000 The CIA Clandestine Service offered me a job. The only reason I didn't take the job was because they said I couldn't have any contact with anyone (including my family) until after I retired. Bear was only 2yrs. old then. They said I was doing things they train agents 15 to 20 years to do and I was doing it with no training. Of course, I didn't know what they were talking about.lol

I was very good at what I used to do...So yeah - indirectly infusing our roster with 4 & 5 star players is a cinch.

Text Me your # Coach & we can have a REAL CONVERSATION.

In short, Cuse will be fine.
Holy Smokes. Is this for real? I really do hope you jump back in the game and get some Cuse connections going after Bear is done.

Go McKinley. Go Cuse

No we don't

Could we recruit South Florida more I'm sure we could, but to say we don't at all isn't accurate. Also kind of weird responding to my post from 5 months ago.

A reminder that Coach Acosta is now the HC at IMG Academy
The one coach I ever dmed on twitter and he responded very brief but positive interaction