Recruiting A New Head Coach | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting A New Head Coach

Van111

Starter
Not unlike what happened to Rutgers last year, DM is leaving the program. He is leaving in a year that is probably one of his weakest classes he has put together. Now, we have to hope we can hold on to some of our recruits here, so like Rutgers, we have to face the choice of making either a quick decision or lengthly one that could put this program back on the down slope. Regardless, Hackett deserves a shot and would be a good choice in IMO. Don't get me wrong, I would like a big name coach interested in coming here, but who would, and would they stay? I did say this was a make or break year for DM, just didn't think the break was a run out of the program. Interested to hear your thoughts on what we do and when on our biggest recruitment for 2013, a new coach!

Through a roomer I have heard both Hackett and Shafer may be getting calls to join Doug. If, and that is a big "IF" is true, would Tressel come back to his early roots in coaching? Would that be a wise move for us? It would surely give SU some big publicity, and would be a wise move for Tressel as well, IMO.

Yea, this class is pretty weak if we are viewing things through non-orange colored glasses. A few VERY good prospects though. Guys like Gus Edwards and Zach Allen would be tough to lose but overall this class isnt anything amazing and getting the right head coach is way more important than keeping the 70th ranked class together. While Marrone was a great coach who did alot of good and in recruiting was able to identify under the radar players and coach them up, maybe with a new hire we can start winning some of the battles for the bigger name recruits were involved with.

Through a roomer I have heard both Hackett and Shafer may be getting calls to join Doug. If, and that is a big "IF" is true, would Tressel come back to his early roots in coaching? Would that be a wise move for us? It would surely give SU some big publicity, and would be a wise move for Tressel as well, IMO.
your roomer is unfounded. and maybe you should read the other board where it has been discussed 10000000 times

Times like this, we need to keep the roomers to a minimum.

Times like this, we need to keep the roomers to a minimum.
When you hear this on "The Herd" and "In the Zone", I don't think it is knew stuff. In fact they were the first to report it long before it became public knowledge that DM was interviewing in Cleveland. Guys, you just don't decide one day you are going for an NFL coaching job, this is a process that lets face it DM was well preparred for when it came trime. He surely was on the phone prior to any interviews, thats just reality. Either way, rumors is all we got here for the most part, sad part as many of the negative ones have come true. Time for some positive ones to surface, anybody got any?

When you hear this on "The Herd" and "In the Zone", I don't think it is knew stuff. In fact they were the first to report it long before it became public knowledge that DM was interviewing in Cleveland. Guys, you just don't decide one day you are going for an NFL coaching job, this is a process that lets face it DM was well preparred for when it came trime. He surely was on the phone prior to any interviews, thats just reality. Either way, rumors is all we got here for the most part, sad part as many of the negative ones have come true. Time for some positive ones to surface, anybody got any?

Too much bad syntax unreadable post alert!
:bat:

What the hell does Colin Cowherd know about what is going on in Syracuse?

Shafer would never be an NFL Defensive Coordinator.

your roomer is unfounded. and maybe you should read the other board where it has been discussed 10000000 times
Still think my rumor is unfounded...Hacket to Bills.

Bnoro, my rumor was either or, Shafer or Hacket was going, unfortunately it was accurate. Hacket, IMO, and I hope I am wrong here, very well may be the bigger loss. as it was the Orange Offense that made the bighgest strides, and i am worried we may lose Zach as well as Gus because of this.

Still think my rumor is unfounded...Hacket to Bills.
It wasn't accurate when you posted it. This was an 11th hour thing and Hackett was staying.

Can we charge the roomers rent to help pay for the practice facility.
I couldn't agree more with you on this one, that is part of the problem for sure. Did you watch some of the commentary from the NC game on how Great a Coach Sabin is, and how he has to deal with a level playing field? What a joke. How many schools have the resources of an Alabama, a handful at best.

You are right, he (Colin) could care less about the Cuse, but what he did get was a private interview with DM, so DM must have stated he was interested in both Shafer and Hacket. I agree, Shafer is not ready to be a NFL D Coach, and yet is ready to be a head coach at this level? He very well may be great, but in the short time you know me, you know I am a skeptic, and unfortunately the Robinson Era made me one. I for one don't want the program to lose the traction it began, and what about recruiting? Can you honestly tell me we haven't taken a big hit on that front?

Wish Coach DM well, was a Bill's fan growing up as the Giants sucked worse than them and just hated all the Western NY Steeler Fans, so part of me is happy. But what is important is our program, bickering or not, we need to make a wise choice here and not be too hasty in that decision making this time. Still would like to see the AD at least talk to some available big names, just to think it through a bit. Maybe that is the case, as they haven't officially announced anything as of yet, I do believe.

You are right, he (Colin) could care less about the Cuse, but what he did get was a private interview with DM, so DM must have stated he was interested in both Shafer and Hacket. I agree, Shafer is not ready to be a NFL D Coach, and yet is ready to be a head coach at this level? He very well may be great, but in the short time you know me, you know I am a skeptic, and unfortunately the Robinson Era made me one. I for one don't want the program to lose the traction it began, and what about recruiting? Can you honestly tell me we haven't taken a big hit on that front?
It's not about "being ready to be a NFL D Coach". It's that his system wouldn't work in the pros. I don't understand why I respond to your posts.

We haven't taken a hit on the recruiting front, probably would have been worse off had we hired from the outside. At least we know kids that are here will most likely stick with the program.

It's not about "being ready to be a NFL D Coach". It's that his system wouldn't work in the pros. I don't understand why I respond to your posts.

We haven't taken a hit on the recruiting front, probably would have been worse off had we hired from the outside. At least we know kids that are here will most likely stick with the program.
I started a simple poll on the football site. I have a feeling there are many like me that feel the same way. Just my opinion and I could care less if anyone cares what I think or not, it is just an opinion, and after all, isn't that just about evrey post out here anyway, opinion? Had I listened to alot of your posts, this program was solid on the road under DM and I shouldn't question anything I don't know anything about! Don't get me wrong, I like your honesty, and I do admit I vent at times about things I hear about. But I also don't live in the closed world of upstate NY anymore, and although you guys don't like it when I quote sources outside of your comfort zone, they happen to be pretty right on on the big side of things, which quite frankly, other than BB, we aren't mentioned all that often.

I started a simple poll on the football site. I have a feeling there are many like me that feel the same way. Just my opinion and I could care less if anyone cares what I think or not, it is just an opinion, and after all, isn't that just about evrey post out here anyway, opinion? Had I listened to alot of your posts, this program was solid on the road under DM and I shouldn't question anything I don't know anything about! Don't get me wrong, I like your honesty, and I do admit I vent at times about things I hear about. But I also don't live in the closed world of upstate NY anymore, and although you guys don't like it when I quote sources outside of your comfort zone, they happen to be pretty right on on the big side of things, which quite frankly, other than BB, we aren't mentioned all that often.
I don't live in Upstate NY either.

I don't live in Upstate NY either.
Like my father who was a life long Cuse Fan and who suffered many a cold winter's night there, when it came time for me to leave the great white north, he told me, son, there is a reason the youth of today call my beloved "Orangemen" (dating myself here) "The Cuse". So I asked him why he thought that was, and he said well son, that is because Sarah (Syra) done left here a long time ago! Wise words from a man that drove all the way to Texas in a 1954 Studebaker Champion
1953-1954-studebaker-champion-regal-starlight-starliner-1.jpg

to watch an over matched & rated team play Powerhouse Texas in the 1960 Cotton Bowl for the NC...

He had a dream he would see another one with his son, but it didn't happen, then he had another with his grandson, but it wasn't meant to be (he died in 1999).....so I am hoping that I can fulfill the promise of my father and take my son to a NC game with my beloved Orange.....and that my friend is why I am so passionate on our program moving in the right direction...it was instilled on me by my father, and I want to carry it on in his name!

Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom