Recruiting Class - January Enrollees | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Class - January Enrollees

Cuseman78

All Conference
I've seen differing info on whether Zach Allen has actually signed an LOI or if he hasn't. He's supposed to be on campus on 1/10 (this upcoming Thursday). Does anyone know if the JUCOs and January enrollees are bound by an LOI at this point or can they still decide to defect if Marrone jumps ship?

I've seen differing info on whether Zach Allen has actually signed an LOI or if he hasn't. He's supposed to be on campus on 1/10 (this upcoming Thursday). Does anyone know if the JUCOs and January enrollees are bound by an LOI at this point or can they still decide to defect if Marrone jumps ship?

I beleive the ruling for HS seniors is LOI or when they register. JUCO has had a LOI day already. I believe most if not all of the JUCOs have signed.

I beleive the ruling for HS seniors is LOI or when they register. JUCO has had a LOI day already. I believe most if not all of the JUCOs have signed.

So Zach Allen and Isaiah Johnson, both HS January enrollees, could both bail while the JUCOs are bound by LOI? Really, really don't want to lose either.

I'm more worried about losing recruits at this point than losing Marrone. I realize, of course, that they go hand in hand.

So Zach Allen and Isaiah Johnson, both HS January enrollees, could both bail while the JUCOs are bound by LOI? Really, really don't want to lose either.

Correct. The HS January enrollees are not bound by the LOI because they are not allowed to sign LOI's until Signing Day.

Otherwise, you would have a number of players sign LOI's trying to enroll in January and somehow not making it to campus until the fall... Which then also creates the ability to count those players against last years class. Big can of worms gets opened up.

I believe he signed the written offer letter he received from SU.

And this is nonbinding? On both parties? I just don't know about these things that is why I ask

And this is nonbinding? On both parties? I just don't know about these things that is why I ask
It's my understanding that a HS player isn't "bond" until he either attends his first class (in Jan) or signs his LOI in February.