Recruiting NJ | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting NJ

NJCuse97

Once Thought to be Taylor Ham Campanile Prophet
Saw a NJ football “All-Star” game on Fios 1 the other night. I heard the color guy talking about a prospect at Paterson Kennedy HS. They said the kid was JuCo bound, but that his D-Line coach thought he could make it to G5. They said the coach was really working with him and they could see the progress. They then mentioned that the coach knew his stuff having played at Syracuse. Eric Downing is that coach. Kennedy hasn’t been great of late, but also brought us Shelton Prescott. Tons of good players come out of Patterson. Could be a good connection. It lead me to this article from a year ago. Nice list and we’re pretty well represented.

North Jersey's all-time college football team: Defense

Saw a NJ football “All-Star” game on Fios 1 the other night. I heard the color guy talking about a prospect at Paterson Kennedy HS. They said the kid was JuCo bound, but that his D-Line coach thought he could make it to G5. They said the coach was really working with him and they could see the progress. They then mentioned that the coach knew his stuff having played at Syracuse. Eric Downing is that coach. Kennedy hasn’t been great of late, but also brought us Shelton Prescott. Tons of good players come out of Patterson. Could be a good connection. It lead me to this article from a year ago. Nice list and we’re pretty well represented.

North Jersey's all-time college football team: Defense
I always like seeing former SU players coaching at High Schools and JUCOs.

Eric Downing was a stud. If I recall correctly, we offered him out of HS when other schools dropped him like a hot potato after he was a non-qualifier, and that relationship paid dividends. After JUCO, he stuck with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom