Recruiting Spots Left | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Spots Left

OrangeBlood

Starter
First Post, long time observer here and old site. I'm a huge follower of recruiting and was trying to figure out how many slots are available for next years class. I am assuming that guys like Lowery, Cutler and Kimmel are gone. Here is my list so far with a few question marks. Any added info would be greatly appreciated...

1. Ryan Nassib
2. Charlie Loeb
3. John Kinder
4. Terrel Hunt
5. Ashton Broyld
6. Prince- Tyson Gulley
7. Jerome Smith
8. Adonis-Ameen Moore
9. Steven Rene
10. Mario Tull
11. Tyree Smallwood
12. Alec Lemon
13. Dorian Grahm
14. Jerrod West
15. Kyle Foster
16. Jerimiah Kobena
17. Adrian Flemming
18. Keenan Hale
19. Ben Lewis
20. Alvin Cornelius
21. Beckett Wales
22. David Stevens
23. Max Bealieau
24. Louie Addazio
25. Josh Parris
26. Adam Harris
27. Rob Trudo
28. Macky Macpherson
29. Ivan Foy
30. Zach Chibane
31. Lou Alexander
32. Sean Hickey
33. Justin Pugh
34. Andy Phillips
35. Nick Robinson
36. Kristofer Curtis
37. Kyle Knapp
38. Jason Emerich
39. Omari Palmer
40. Ben Barrett
41. Chandler Jones
42. Donnie Simmons
43. Brandon Sharpe
44. Micah Robinson
45. Poncho Barnwell
46. James Washington
47. Deon Goggins
48. Jay Bromley
49. Eric Crume
50. Ryan Sloan
51. Rob Welsh
52. Marcus Coleman
53. Harold Brantley
54. Marquis Spruill
55. Cam Lynch
56. DyShawn Davis
57. Dan Vaughn
58. Miles Davis
59. Siriki Diabete
60. LeWellyn Coker
61. Oliver Vigile
62. LeRoy Owens
63. Darius Parsons
64. Tashon Whitehurst
65. Shamarko Thomas
66. Durrell Eskridge
67. Shu Mungwa
68. Phillip Thomas
69. Jermi Wilkes
70. Dontez Ford
71. DeVante McFarlene
72. Keon Lyn
73. Rishard Anderson
74. Brandon Reddish
75. Ritchy Desir
76. Jatson George
77. Julian Whigham
78. Ross Krautman
79. Sam Rogers
80. Jonathan Fisher
81. Marcus Sales?
82. Johnny Miller?
83. Cory Boatman?
84. Ian Allport?

So this leaves about 1-5 open slots. I would hope that guys like Thompson, Morgan and Lynch are the ones to do it.

At one of Marrone's luncheons, he mentioned that we had 18 commits, and he was looking at 5-6 more. There's no sure fire way to tell who's graduating and who's returning until Senior Day.

ABlood,

Any of the following would also be good gets (aside from the ones u mentioned):

Kennet Goins, TJ Neal, Abner Logan, Alex Pace, Lakeith Walls, Joe Scelfo.

ABlood,

Any of the following would also be good gets (aside from the ones u mentioned):

Kennet Goins, TJ Neal, Abner Logan, Alex Pace, Lakeith Walls, Joe Scelfo.

No Goins, please. I'd take Neal, Rippy, Logan (who I think we actually may be leading for), Morgan.
May we not forget that we could possibly end up with Wayne Williams in 2 years, as well.

At one of Marrone's luncheons, he mentioned that we had 18 commits, and he was looking at 5-6 more. There's no sure fire way to tell who's graduating and who's returning until Senior Day.
That is true. However, when asked about recruiting on Monday, he said that they were almost done for this year and only had 1 or 2 slot still open. It appears we have received a number of verbals in the last couple of weeks that are not yet known.

The people on the premium side would know about this, if the premium side existed.

It appears we have received a number of verbals in the last couple of weeks that are not yet known.

The people on the premium side would know about this, if the premium side existed.
yes, the folks on the theoretical premium side knew about these kids weeks ago and they are all pumped!

the commoners are going to be surprised by some of them - impressive kids we've never even heard of

That is true. However, when asked about recruiting on Monday, he said that they were almost done for this year and only had 1 or 2 slot still open. It appears we have received a number of verbals in the last couple of weeks that are not yet known.

I was at the luncheon after the USC game (9/19) when he said there were 6-7 spots left in this year's class. Over the last 5 weeks, the staff must have received verbals from some kids that no one knows about. Either that, or they are very confident of their chances with a few kids, which would only leave 1 or 2 spots available. More importantly, who are those verbals/soft verbals? I wish we had a premium board.

It'd be nice to find out that a guy like Morgan and/or Sugar Bear is one of the verbals.

Maybe even nicer to hear it's someone out of the blue like Wes Brown...

I was at the luncheon after the USC game (9/19) when he said there were 6-7 spots left in this year's class. Over the last 5 weeks, the staff must have received verbals from some kids that no one knows about. Either that, or they are very confident of their chances with a few kids, which would only leave 1 or 2 spots available. More importantly, who are those verbals/soft verbals? I wish we had a premium board.

Or Marrone realized that he had more kids returning than he accounted for. :D

Or Marrone realized that he had more kids returning than he accounted for. :D
With the news that Sales' charges were dropped, he may be one of the spots!

Is the return of Sales a real possibility? If so, the WR corps next year could be very expirenced and nasty. Lemon, Sales and a much improved playmaker in Grahm. Plus young guys like Foster, Kobena and Cornelius.

Also, If there are "dark" commits, that would be hugee to get someone like Morgan and Thompson.

I say everyone ought to read Jersey Orange's post right here

Has got to be one of the most encouraging things I've read here in months.

Is the return of Sales a real possibility?

As long as he can get through SUJA, he should be allowed back to the team. I'd imagine that Marrone would have Sales ask his fellow teammates if they wanted him back, similar to what happened with Mike Williams I think?