Recruits/Clemson Game | Syracusefan.com

Recruits/Clemson Game

anomander

Living Legend
So far it looks like the Clemson game is setting up to be one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year. We have some real positives to show kids that weekend.
-Show the kids why it's called the Loud House as it sounds like it's going to be close to a sell out
- Plenty of current commits will be on campus
- IPF construction will be under way. It is something more then renderings that you can actually bring the recruits over to show them that this is really happening.

Here is a list of recruits who have said they will be making the trip

AJ Long
Nasean Howard
Zaire Franklin
Erv Phillips
Aaron Roberts
Micquelle Cotton
Alin Edouard ??
Nile Sykes
Ish Witter

Am I missing anybody?

Now we just need to win!!

J
So far it looks like the Clemson game is setting up to be one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year. We have some real positives to show kids that weekend.
-Show the kids why it's called the Loud House as it sounds like it's going to be close to a sell out
- IPF construction will be under way. It is something more then renderings that you can actually bring the recruits over to show them that this is really happening.

AJ Long
Nasean Howard
Zaire Franklin
Erv Phillips
Aaron Roberts
Micquelle Cotton
Alin Edouard ??
Nile Sykes
Ish Witter

Am I missing anybody?

Justin Hughes?

Where do they usually have those guys sit? Near the student section? I'm excited for this game, ACC opener, big opponent, hopefully it's in primetime.

On another note--which of those recruits you mentioned are currently committed to Syracuse? And where are the other ones committed to/looking at?

Thanks!

Where do they usually have those guys sit? Near the student section? I'm excited for this game, ACC opener, big opponent, hopefully it's in primetime.

On another note--which of those recruits you mentioned are currently committed to Syracuse? And where are the other ones committed to/looking at?

Thanks!

Actually it looks like now there will only be 2 official visits taken for this game, Aaron Roberts, and a mystery guest
Other may take unofficials, but apparently the staff want the currents commits to wait until after the season so they can help recruit then.
Either way we should try our hardest to get as many prospects on campus for an unofficial visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

ah, makes sense. I guess that would be the Duke game?
I don't know it's going to be interesting to see when other commits start scheduling their officials. Its going to be real late to get recruit on campus for their first time then. I'm curious to see what they do with that.

Saturday dec 7 - Binghamton

Saturday jan 4 – Miami

Saturday jan 11 – North Carolina

Saturday jan 18 – Pittsburgh

Saturday feb 1 - Duke

Saturday dec 7 - Binghamton

Saturday jan 4 – Miami

Saturday jan 11 – North Carolina

Saturday jan 18 – Pittsburgh

Saturday feb 1 - Duke

Don't we play St Johns at home in November as well? We usually have the big recruit weekend towards the end of November I believe?

Edit: never mind...

Last edited:
Don't we play St Johns at home in November as well? We usually have the big recruit weekend towards the end of November I believe?

-
No. St. Johns is at their campus. Maybe they are going to bring in all the Midwest kids for the Hoosiers 12/3. ;)

Hey shouldn't you be out selling something...

Indiana is on a Tuesday

Big recruiting weeken is usually for their banquet - dec 7 or 14

Actually it looks like now there will only be 2 official visits taken for this game, Aaron Roberts, and a mystery guest
Other may take unofficials, but apparently the staff want the currents commits to wait until after the season so they can help recruit then.
Either way we should try our hardest to get as many prospects on campus for an unofficial visit
I wonder if they got wind of a potential bust in attendance and didn't want that to be the impression that recruits get. Atmosphere is guaranteed to be special for Duke hoops.

I wonder if they got wind of a potential bust in attendance and didn't want that to be the impression that recruits get. Atmosphere is guaranteed to be special for Duke hoops.
id be more worried about getting waxed rather than attendance. this is not Louisville last year...

id be more worried about getting waxed rather than attendance. this is not Louisville last year...
Or both!

Maybe they didn't know what they had in Hunt when they made the change of date. ;)

AJ Long
Nasean Howard
Zaire Franklin
Erv Phillips
Aaron Roberts
Micquelle Cotton
Alin Edouard ??
Nile Sykes
Ish Witter

Am I missing anybody?

Winning would be the most important positive event for this program in decades. It might actually eradicate the memory of the worse event in that time period.That would beGross' decision to bring Robinson to Syracuse.Relegating Robinson to a blank page in our history would be satisfying and justified.

I am sure all of those probably were taken into consideration, but I'm betting the main reason is they want last cracks at some of these kids. A lot could happen between early October and February, and in some cases the memory of the game could be a distant memory. As for being afraid of getting waxed, it worked out for Pitt pretty good. They got dominated, but still got very positive reviews because it was such an electric atmosphere. It would be great if we can get a bunch of kids up for unofficials visits, and pocket the officials for later in the process. Going to be interesting to see how we play it

i don't think getting waxed is a concern. in fact you can sell early PT then. Crowd size could have something to do with it (though I think the crowd will end up being north of 40). I don't think you'll get boos during this game either unless McDonald forces people to pull out their pizza boxes with too many runs up the middle and 3rd and long horizontal passes.

my theory is that visits after the season are just better. if your prospect burns his visit in October, you can't get him back on campus in dec/jan when the vultures are circling. If he visits late I believe there's better chance to keep him committed as well as land the newbies.

the best thing is to work to get kids here unnofficially like buttgers does for their home games.

i don't think getting waxed is a concern. in fact you can sell early PT then. Crowd size could have something to do with it (though I think the crowd will end up being north of 40). I don't think you'll get boos during this game either unless McDonald forces people to pull out their pizza boxes with too many runs up the middle and 3rd and long horizontal passes.

my theory is that visits after the season are just better. if your prospect burns his visit in October, you can't get him back on campus in dec/jan when the vultures are circling. If he visits late I believe there's better chance to keep him committed as well as land the newbies.

the best thing is to work to get kids here unnofficially like buttgers does for their home games.

I agree with this. I don't think its about winning or losing I think its more about the atmosphere this game is going to create. I'm a younger SU fan and because of this I don't really remember the last time the Dome was packed for a football game. The Clemson game should be nearly sold out and should make for a good time for the recruits. I know if I was an 18 year old kid and I'm on a recruiting visit to Cuse, I'd want to see why it used to be referred to as the "Loud House" and one of the hardest atmospheres to play in in college sports.

The Louisville Team that waxed the perineal runner up for a NC bid last year, the Florida Gators at the Sugar Bowl, or some other team that they sent here? I don't get the point. Louisville was a pretty darn good team last year, and we spanked them. Clemson is beatable, especially if we get the QB play settled.

Attendance will be there for this one, all we have to do is take care of business and smash Tulane wouldn't hurt either. Even in Marrone era, name one team, FCS included, that we put it together like we did last week. They were clicking on both ends and we need more of the same. Come Oct 5th, its a brand new season for the Orange.

Feb. 1 is much too late for a recruiting weekend for this year's class. If you're bringing in juniors, that's another thing. There might be one or to kids still undecided at that point, but we rarely get that type of recruit. Too bad the Indiana game isn't on a Saturday. Clemson would be a good weekend to visit, but most of our recruits are a plane ride or a long drive away. A school like Rutgers, for example, can get a dozen good prospects to make a Saturday game without having to travel far.