Red Sox offseason | Syracusefan.com

Red Sox offseason

dasher

Living Legend
I believe the Red Sox are spending the day hoping that J.D. opts out of his contract. I think they would love to
make a move on one of those SS out there. Sign Correa, move Bogie to 3rd, Trade for Buxton and move Keke to
2ud and move Devers to DH. The defense would be greatly improved and spend the rest of the off season on relief
pitching.

That’s an interesting plan in your post above. I never even considered moving Devers to DH but it makes sense.
Still, $19.4M for JD’s last year in Boston is a pretty good deal. He consistently hits for average and power (except for COVID season last year).
And he’s a lot more tradeable this season, just in case.

Last edited:
That’s an interesting plan in your post above. I never even considered moving Devers to DH but it makes sense.
Still, $19.4M for JD’s last year in Boston is a pretty good deal. He consistently hits for average and power (except for COVID season last year).
And he’s a lot more tradeable this season, just in case.
yeah, but it takes them off the board for a big ticket free agent, I think.

I really wanted two guys. They both signed elsewhere already. Gravemen and Matz.

JBJ back but Renfroe gone. How we feeling about that?

JBJ back but Renfroe gone. How we feeling about that?
Chaim is a good GM but he is running the Sox like they aren’t a big dog.
That JBJ for Renfroe trade is a joke.
Renfroe has 2 years of arbitration they didn’t have to pay him long term just 2 more years and then let him go.
Instead they went Tampa and traded a 30 HR guy who isn’t elite but can carry the team for stretches for a guy who can’t hit and 2 middle prospects.
It’s a bad deal.

JBJ can’t hit.
The Red Sox added money in the trade and got worse.
This franchise spent money on a garbage. Wacha, Paxton, Hill for 27 million dollars next year.

They should have paid Stroman the money he got from the Cubs for the same as the money they are paying those bums above.

The ownership wants to get rid of the money obligations long term.
When the Sale money goes off the books I wonder if they will reinvest.

Chaim is a good GM but he is running the Sox like they aren’t a big dog.
That JBJ for Renfroe trade is a joke.
Renfroe has 2 years of arbitration they didn’t have to pay him long term just 2 more years and then let him go.
Instead they went Tampa and traded a 30 HR guy who isn’t elite but can carry the team for stretches for a guy who can’t hit and 2 middle prospects.
It’s a bad deal.

JBJ can’t hit.
The Red Sox added money in the trade and got worse.
This franchise spent money on a garbage. Wacha, Paxton, Hill for 27 million dollars next year.

They should have paid Stroman the money he got from the Cubs for the same as the money they are paying those bums above.

The ownership wants to get rid of the money obligations long term.
When the Sale money goes off the books I wonder if they will reinvest.
This is Chaim pandering to Sox fans who adored JBJ in center field. That's all well and good, and he is an outstanding defender and knows the quirks of the park well. But, like you said, he can't hit for anything. Renfroe was definitely a serviceable defender and hits light years better than JBJ. Giving this trade deal a D and not an F because I am partial to JBJ.

This is Chaim pandering to Sox fans who adored JBJ in center field. That's all well and good, and he is an outstanding defender and knows the quirks of the park well. But, like you said, he can't hit for anything. Renfroe was definitely a serviceable defender and hits light years better than JBJ. Giving this trade deal a D and not an F because I am partial to JBJ.
As a jays fan .. I’m glad Renfroe is no longer on your team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom