Red's interview with Matt Park | Syracusefan.com

Red's interview with Matt Park

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
The interview that arrived with the e-mail announcing Red as the new HC was excellent. Those concerns that were expressed as to how Red would come across have been clearly answered today, and the answer is terrifically.

Matt Park sounds like a guy who is living on Camel non-filter and Woodford Reserve, but Red was great.

The interview that arrived with the e-mail announcing Red as the new HC was excellent. Those concerns that were expressed as to how Red would come across have been clearly answered today, and the answer is terrifically.

Matt Park sounds like a guy who is living on Camel non-filter and Woodford Reserve, but Red was great.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

one word comes to mind after listening to coach Red. Class. He comes across as someone who is humble and confident. This is an adult who is at his peak. I loved how he started the conference this morning thanking God and it has only gotten better the more i listen to him. None of us know how he will do with the X and Os but if today is any indication one thing is certain. He will do his best for the kids that come and play for him and they will be better for having him in their lives. JW made an excellent decision and i believe that he is going to do exceptionally well.

Didn't learn a ton from that interview or any of the interviews. He uses a lot of filler speech.
We won't know anything about him until the games are played.
Look forward to it.

Which is exactly what is needed right now. Class with a calm excitement.
I do not know what is needed right now, besides retaining the good players, recruits and, conditioning, & in November, wins.

I don't care how 'classy' or calm he is. Although, personally, I do like his demeanor. We could be fishing buddies, as long as he kept religion out of our conversation, and didn't use too much filler speech when talking about his fishing.

At the end of the day, he will be judged on how competitive his team is.

I do not know what is needed right now, besides retaining the good players, recruits and, conditioning, & in November, wins.

I don't care how 'classy' or calm he is. Although, personally, I do like his demeanor. We could be fishing buddies, as long as he kept religion out of our conversation, and didn't use too much filler speech when talking about his fishing.

At the end of the day, he will be judged on how competitive his team is.

Of course results matter. But would you prefer he go out there and be brash and explicit claiming he is ushering major change in with new players and playing x defense and y offense? Personally while that I'm sure that would be a cathartic moment for certain fans, it does nothing positive for the program or the players.

Thus the calm and cool approach while making it clear with the subtle claim he brings new ideas ( to me at least) is a better starting point to get to work with publicly.

Personally just about every time I've seen a leader step in and come out firing about being the new sheriff in town it goes south in a hurry.

Last edited:
Of course results matter. But would you prefer he go out there and be brash and explicit claiming he is ushering major change in with new players and playing x defense and y offense? Personally while that I'm sure that would be a cathartic moment for certain fans, it does nothing positive for the program or the players.

Thus the calm and cool approach while making it clear with the subtle claim he brings new ideas to me is a better starting point to get to work with publicly.
I was hoping to learn a bit more about the O and D he will employ. Maybe that will come, or maybe not until we see it.

However, its so complicated. Any brash new thing could be viewed as criticizing JB. Very hard position to be in.

I did like what he said, regarding the O, space, pace, and unselfishness. As to the D, he didn't say a lot.

We'll see. Hoping for the best.

I was hoping to learn a bit more about the O and D he will employ. Maybe that will come, or maybe not until we see it.

However, its so complicated. Any brash new thing could be viewed as criticizing JB. Very hard position to be in.

I did like what he said, regarding the O, space, pace, and unselfishness. As to the D, he didn't say a lot.

We'll see. Hoping for the best.

I would expect that will work its way out via the radio shows and as he talks to the players. I'm figuring we learn more late spring after the roster is about set.

Seeing Tyler Lydons IG post , which was very blunt about the D is pretty good hint.

Mine used to smoke filterless old golds, not sure if they still sell them…

I smoked filterless Pall Mall’s…… once. I went back to the filter ones in middle school.

I would expect that will work its way out via the radio shows and as he talks to the players. I'm figuring we learn more late spring after the roster is about set.

Seeing Tyler Lydons IG post , which was very blunt about the D is pretty good hint.
Just watched it now. Hadn't been following him on iG. Interesting.