Reducing the shot clock time favors the Orange | Syracusefan.com

Reducing the shot clock time favors the Orange

CaliCuse

All American
Jim's zone makes it tough to get a shot off by the opposition .We have seen teans rush at the current level. Decreasing the time allowed will be even more difficult presuming the team hustles back on defense. This will be the "key" to make thing tough for the bad guys. I expect more 3 point attempts will be made and that is a two two edged sword. If they make them wit any consistence the burden of matching uo becomes pressure e for our offense. Its always interesting.

Jim's zone makes it tough to get a shot off by the opposition .We have seen teans rush at the current level. Decreasing the time allowed will be even more difficult presuming the team hustles back on defense. This will be the "key" to make thing tough for the bad guys. I expect more 3 point attempts will be made and that is a two two edged sword. If they make them wit any consistence the burden of matching uo becomes pressure e for our offense. Its always interesting.
let's hope it's just one year we have to worry about

this thread has epic possibilities.. I have no idea what Igor or Cali are trying to say. I just know Igor does it with fewer words..

I would love to see a 30 second shot clock.

But my bigger hope is they NCAA rules committee resolves all the problems around block versus charge calls. I just can't stand for many games the referees decide the outcome based on their personal subjective judgment.

this thread has epic possibilities.. I have no idea what Igor or Cali are trying to say. I just know Igor does it with fewer words..
Apparently not enough to "explain" it to you.Shorter time to get a shot off =more effectiveness for the zone. If you done understand that,there is no hope for you.

Teams are inordinately successful in the last 8 seconds of the shot clock against SU. I have no idea why, but it has been noticeable over the past 5 years.

Apparently not enough to "explain" it to you.Shorter time to get a shot off =more effectiveness for the zone. If you done understand that,there is no hope for you.
I'm sure there is no hope for me, but your theory only works against mediocre teams.

I'm sure there is no hope for me, but your theory only works against mediocre teams.
Depending on the level of our defense while playing "good" teams the shorter clock still works I never give up on good people. I' quite sure there is "hope for you and other who like to throw out insultsThe problem there you see is i'm 300 miles away and very immune.Since I can't tip a beer with you locally you have no idea of my charming personality up close. Not too close please These wheels have claimed enough toes and dog paws and couple tails. I've maintained friend ship across this great land of ours including my best friend who succumbed to leukemia three Thanks givings ago. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him.We had lunch together for well over 20 years and knew everything about each other's family and yes Terry's career trajectory. he always asked how he was doing here in LA.

These wheels have claimed enough toes and dog paws and couple tails. I've maintained friend ship across this great land of ours including my best friend who succumbed to leukemia three Thanks givings ago. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him.We had lunch together for well over 20 years and knew everything about each other's family and yes Terry's career trajectory. he always asked how he was doing here in LA.

Wow, that tangent was unexpected. Who am I kidding? It was expected.

Wow, that tangent was unexpected. Who am I kidding? It was expected.
I never want to disappoint the bashers here. I personally love tangents especially in trig class. I aced trig. Algebra not so much. Its funny I never in my life needed any higher math than what I learned up to fourth grade. Hows is that one ?:bat:

Any shot clock reduction helps us. Forces teams to rush setting up agains the zone, which will only get more athletic next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom