Refresh...refresh...refresh...refresh... | Syracusefan.com

Refresh...refresh...refresh...refresh...

44PRIDE

All Conference
Waiting for someone to post the article that says SU has come to terms on a buyout with the Big East and that Syracuse is clear to join the ACC in 2012.

Refresh...refresh...refresh...refresh...

I've refreshed the Whats New? page like 1000x this week.

I'm refreshing like crazy, just because there has been so much going on this season. I feel like this has been the busiest college football/basketball has ever felt.

I'm refreshing like crazy, just because there has been so much going on this season. I feel like this has been the busiest college football/basketball has ever felt.

It sure is nice to be relevant during football season again. I missed this badly

...apparently WVU is saying $21 million and out...now we know what the negotiations are starting at...so let's get that down to a more reasonable figure and get the heck out of dodge...the BE is really falling apart!

The Big East needs to have 8 members who have played together for 3 consecutive years to retain it's BCS bid. Otherwise it is forefited. Everyone saying "the Big East doesn't want those 3 around-" it doesn't matter if they want to. They have to in order to keep the bid.

So it's really simple.

1. The 3 stick around the 27 months.
2. The BCS grants a waiver.
3. The Big East files a suit over the weekend for tortuous interference against the Big 12 and WVU for involving WVU during a time in which it is contractually obligated to be in the Big East.

See, the ACC/SU/Pitt administrations aren't in any rush. They know what the rules are. The Big 12 either doesn't know, doesn't care, or thinks it can just buy it's way out. Probably a mix of all three.

The Big East, for all it's stupidity, for all it's faults, thanks to the Big 12/WVU, actually has a bit of leverage. The conference can agree to let all 3 out immediately if they pay $10 million each, and get a BCS waiver extension through 2016. Everyone wins. Otherwise, they'll see them in court (Conf. vs. B12/WVU). Honestly, what is the Big 12/WVU's legal argument?

BE can and will continue to hold the 3 teams hostage until agreements are in place with other schools to replace them. When and if that happens, things will start moving fast because it will no longer be in the BE's interest to continue playing hardball with SU, Pitt and WVA.

BE can and will continue to hold the 3 teams hostage until agreements are in place with other schools to replace them. When and if that happens, things will start moving fast because it will no longer be in the BE's interest to continue playing hardball with SU, Pitt and WVA.

So trying to stay alive is "playing hardball"? Not trying to wriggle out of a provision you agreed to?

I see Pitt and Cuse in the BE for 12-13 season...they will buy out the last little bit...we will be in the ACC Summer 2013.

Give me a fcuking break. What is the point of a contract, if as soon as it no longer becomes beneficial to you, you can break it?

Give me a fcuking break. What is the point of a contract, if as soon as it no longer becomes beneficial to you, you can break it?

ACC calls tomorrow. What is UConn going to say and when will they want to leave?

So trying to stay alive is "playing hardball"?

Staying alive is something the BE leadership, including Gavitt, should have thought about a long time ago instead of being a basketball focused conference.

ACC calls tomorrow. What is UConn going to say and when will they want to leave?

What does it matter what the school ditching wants. They all have the right to leave- after 27 months, at a price of $5 million.

What does it matter what the school ditching wants. They all have the right to leave- after 27 months, at a price of $5 million.
Agreed. A contract is a contract. But as we all know...

It is in the best interest of both the BE and the teams leaving to get the conference restocked and let the departing teams leave.

Cuse should stick it out for at least another year in the BE. We need time to restock with recruits prior to playing a full ACC schedule and the cost is too high to leave immediately. After one more year the cost will probably drop, or the BE will no longer exist or have replacements ready to fill in, and let us out for nothing.

contracts are made to be broken and can also be bought out. besides, the way i look at it, the be broke a contract by not giving a damn about football, selling a bill of goods to people, and being completely inept.

It is in the best interest of both the BE and the teams leaving to get the conference restocked and let the departing teams leave.

The Big East would automatically forefit it's BCS bid by letting them go. They should get a waiver- but not do a damn thing until they have one.

The Big East would automatically forefit it's BCS bid by letting them go. They should get a waiver- but not do a damn thing until they have one.
Agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom